Blizzard Opens Writing Contest for WoW, SC, Diablo

Status
Not open for further replies.

stromm

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004
I got a better idea for a "Blizzard" article. How about doing one about their "real ID" crap. Like how they're going to make anyone who posts on their forum use their REAL NAME!!! It's just another step into a dicey world from when they started making everyone change their account name to their email address. Way to go Bliz.

Petey1013

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
I think you mean way to go Activision. I'm pretty sure everyone can agree anything evil coming out of that camp is the direct result of Kotick.

mlcloud

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
The story that won the 2009 contest is really impressive. Here I was thinking I'd try my hand at a story, but after reading that, I understand I'm completely outclassed here.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
So they have run out of ideas and want to play the public for ideas to take then give away a prize for taking it (after signing some legal form first), how ingenious, not.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
[citation][nom]stromm[/nom]I got a better idea for a "Blizzard" article. How about doing one about their "real ID" crap. Like how they're going to make anyone who posts on their forum use their REAL NAME!!! It's just another step into a dicey world from when they started making everyone change their account name to their email address. Way to go Bliz.[/citation]

I agree. I can't believe Tom's would bother with a non-story like this when the Real ID controversy is brewing. Seriously, an article about a write-in contest?

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Who wouldn't take the Frostmourne? It's worth more and you can hurt things with it.

I'd want to sell it though, but also seeing as I'm not really ever inspired by they're games, I probably won't make a story.

That, and I just don't have the attention span.

ragequit

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
It would be nice if they could give out some GAMES. Or a lifetime free pass to play WOW, or something that would get used more than twice. I wonder if they would actually use a dope story in one of their upcomming games? Not a bad way to avoid hiring a writer for an upcomming game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS