Blizzard Reducing Diablo III Inferno Difficulty...Again

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed on RMAH being a major woe to this game. Blizzard made D3 all about money instead of gameplay, so there fun in playing it. Playing D3 feels like going to work.

I really wish they had single player and LAN modes, so we could avoid the whole RMAH hassle altoghether.

SinisterSalad

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
[citation][nom]jackofalltrades595654[/nom]Diablo 3 is terrible. Long live Path of Exile. It's what Diablo 3 should have been.[/citation]

Agreed. Their latest patches have put a lot of polish on it. Can't wait for the open beta and PvP/Act III.

I do have TL2 ready to go as well. :)

jivdis1x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
no turning back for me... sold all stuff for face value, gave away 60mil gold and delete character. After the 1.0.4, they made inferno too easy. Before I barely survived act IV alone with a monk then 1.0.4 hit; kill diablo with 2 and 4 players w/o dying.

friarruiz

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Game is fine. Don't AH and don't RMHA. I'll probably finish Inferno in 2 months and I'm fine with that. Grinding is the name of the game.
I doubt any of those posting here took there D2 characters beyond level 60

mugupo

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
Problem is every time they nerf the Difficulty. They also nerf the drop rate. Is almost impossible a good item now, is all about farming for gold and find you idea item in AH.

G

A mediocre dungeon crawler, not made by the key people from the real Diablo team.

Blizzard owns IP so they slapped the Diablo label on it - it was going to sell no matter what. As consumers we don't care enough to be informed before we purchase.

I completely flip-flopped over this game - the few hours of play I was disappointed, then for about a week I had a blast (barbarian), then massive disappointment set in and never went away.

Act 1 is ok. Act 2 is getting lame. Act 3 has epic action but feels Confined, hurried, and just empty (consider this: how much Time transpires in the story during all of Act 3. Three hours??). And Act 4??? Don't get me started - the biggest rush-job in Blizzards history and they know it.

Loot: Ruined, utterly ruined, primarily this was due to BOTH auction houses (not just RMAH), and the crafting system was utterly ineffective in eliminating excess items from the game. The game was farmed 50 times as much due to the RMAH, which even further polluted the virtual economy with items. The belief was players wanted loot "falling from the sky" constantly. In reality, this made everything worth far less - to the gameplay, to the player, and in terms of actual value.

Skills: By no means did I find this system more interesting or engaging than the previous titles.

Major oversight: Awesome physics and sense of power to the barbarians attacks, true for the monk as well. The other three classes - What were they thinking?! If you try a barb or monk first then the other classes -you are screwed, you will hate the feel of them. If a barb can smash a table with his ax and it flies everywhere, why on earth would a powerful wizard be unable to move the table more than a foot with a meteor from the sky??? So stupid and somehow nobody notices. Instead of correcting the Gameplay and Feel, they go on and on about the online requirement and absence of enchantments.

All enemies are the exact same to fight against, for the entire game.

The environment changes every 30 seconds (overkill! .. and makes every area seem way too small), yet they all play the exact same.

The choice of game difficulty, and the implementation of it, was completely wrong from absolutely every angle you can slice it. Even the decision to introduce a "4th difficulty" created a host of problems across the board, I won't even get into it here.

And finally, rather than increasing the depth of the game (sales were guaranteed), thus No Need to "cater to new players", they DECREASED the depth of the game. FAIL!!

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
People are still talking about this mess? I bought D3 and a week later I stopped playing it cause there is no new content. Mistake 1. Its not a stand alone install 2. requiring an online connection to use the game. 3. releasing D3 10 years late and not sufficently supporting it with new content after everyone has beat it 200 times in 1 week.

Not many people may like Guild Wars, but as far as "game play" goes, the game practically never ends, or it takes allot longer than 5 days.

Torchlight II should be a much better experence that D3 also.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Ok, let me run my Blizzard <-> English translator
"We're desperately trying to regain our dwindling userbase by dumbing down endgame and showering you with crap you can sold on the auction house to net us a tidy profit"

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
[citation][nom]Vorador2[/nom]Ok, let me run my Blizzard <-> English translator"We're desperately trying to regain our dwindling userbase by dumbing down endgame and showering you with crap you can sold on the auction house to net us a tidy profit"[/citation]

Well said

Status
Not open for further replies.