Blizzard Releases First StarCraft 2 Custom Map

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BSMonitor

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Free maps? Are you insane blizzard? Wheres the proffit in that? I mean seriously. People will pay $15 on top of full retail for a few maps. The mw series proved that already. Blizzard sometimes I wonder if you guys aren't junking out on hat magazines like valve

Pretty sure he is being sarcastic..... Totally lost on Alex

G

Who cares ? Please give us LAN play. You will get additional revenue stream from people like me and my friends who only care about LAN parties.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009

I have not tried it yet but zerg may be able to use nydus worms to avoid the lava and protoss may be able to do it with warpgates ...

jeffjwatts

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
It's almost certainly going to favor Terran's, but so what. Everyone playing can all play Terran's, so it would still be a neat map to play.

f-14

Distinguished
etus_slackjawd:
I never understood why Star Craft became so popular.. I love RTS games, my favorite being Age Of Mythology and Emperor Battle for Dune. I do play Blizzard Games and they are good, Star Craft just never really got into it.

i vote we frag this commander.
the map is fun, one of my favorites already big improvement on the old lava map, makes me love my protoss carriers.

G

@Zingam

If i recall the Japanese kicked a fair few asses, not just Koreans, it's ok, it's only normal to have APM envy

rfatcheric

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008
[citation][nom]mojo45a[/nom]Who cares ? Please give us LAN play. You will get additional revenue stream from people like me and my friends who only care about LAN parties.[/citation]

My friends and I have had zero problems playing together in a "LAN party" setting. Is it really that hard for you to organize games using bnet?

flinxsl

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
the concept of the map is fun, but I have only played with my two other friends and most of the people who play custom maps are not good at at the melee game and thus we have not had much of a challenge.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Alex are you serious? I hope to god not. People used to make maps better then the mw serier maps from ground up. So don't act like mw is doing you any favors when their not. DLC are nothing but rip offs for fps games. Hey look you get these few new maps although modders used to make them better, and for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.