Blizzard Reveals "Inferno" Difficulty for Diablo 3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
[citation][nom]restatement3dofted[/nom]Why is that lame? Honestly, how does this impact you in any meaningful way? If the amount of time and experience needed to get from level 1-60 in D3 is roughly equivalent to what was needed to get from 1-99 in D2, then why does it matter if there are fewer levels?Why do you bother wasting your energy getting upset over something as ultimately inconsequential as this?[/citation]

You are asking why a higher number is better on a hardware site... sheesh.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]illo[/nom]d2 didnt have lvl 99 mobs.[/citation]

Technically, LOD did have one mLvl 99 mob - Baal on Hell difficulty. However, Pandemonium Diablo (Diablo Clone) and all of the bosses of the Uber event (Lilith, Uber Duriel, Uber Izual, Uber Mephisto, Uber Diablo, and Uber Baal) are level 110.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
so they anounced level 60,
we have no way of knowing if its as long to get to as 99 was, but i still prefer level 99 as the max, if only because 1 and 2 had 99 levels. if they had 50 or 60, thats how many i would want.

it just seams like they are artificially making the game harder, seeing as diablo had 4 difficulties if i remember right. a new one unlocking every 20 levels.

either the game is REALLY short ot level take SO LONG... i don't think i like either prospect.

G

Why max at level 60 u "axe" ? Why to buy 4 more add-ons that will unlock it up to 100.

G

i just hope that the level cap is as difficult to reach as it was in diablo 2... like i always felt like everyone was stuck at level 91, whereas nearly everyone in wow is level 85. hitting a cap or coming close becomes alot less interesting when everyone else has as well.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]restatement3dofted[/nom]Technically, LOD did have one mLvl 99 mob - Baal on Hell difficulty. However, Pandemonium Diablo (Diablo Clone) and all of the bosses of the Uber event (Lilith, Uber Duriel, Uber Izual, Uber Mephisto, Uber Diablo, and Uber Baal) are level 110.[/citation]
That is LoD, the expansion, and not the original D2. The highest in original Diablo 2 was Diablo at level 94, and outside of him I think the next highest was level 86 or something.

G

they should make it epic inferno hahaha :).. I wonder what would be the expansion pack named??

G

[citation][nom]mute20[/nom]Hardcore should make a return.[/citation]
I should make a return.
[citation][nom]vilenjan[/nom]wtb D3 nowz![/citation]
The word is now.
[citation][nom]vilenjan[/nom]why so srs droking?[/citation]
WTF are you talking about?
[citation][nom]hp79[/nom]Where's the game?[/citation]
Gimme some time to finish coding it.
[citation][nom]stupiful[/nom]inb4 cavalcade of ignorant "blizzard sucks for reasons that I fully comprehend, I just like bandwagoning" blather.[/citation]
But not before the cavalcade of drivel.
[citation][nom]henydiah[/nom]why must difficult ?[/citation]
Why must incoherent?
[citation][nom]dread_cthulhu[/nom]Diablo 3! Come forth and be... Purchased![/citation]
Great! Grab one for me too.
[citation][nom]bejabbers[/nom]max level 60? LAME!! I want my level 99 back. I'm starting to really dislike the way this game is going.[/citation]
I'm starting to really dislike you posting things online. You should stop!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]bob4384[/nom]i just hope that the level cap is as difficult to reach as it was in diablo 2... like i always felt like everyone was stuck at level 91, whereas nearly everyone in wow is level 85. hitting a cap or coming close becomes alot less interesting when everyone else has as well.[/citation]

honestly, i play everquest, and i know at the very least, hitting the cap of 90 there is a milestone, its not a hard one, but its the major one, after that, its making your character better through gear and through progress and aa.

what diablo should have done was make the level 1-99 grind a bit more bearable, i mean i hit 99 ones, long LONG time to get there, but that was more or less it, by the time i hit 99 i had a crap ton of great gear and was barely wroth going out and playing more, besides just showing off.

what they should have done was make level 1-99 take 1-2 weeks of constant in game killing, and at level 95, unlocked the hell mode. and had every thing there be a level 100 character, and even the crap loot at that tier may out do the best gear you currently have, but all gear on that tier is tied to level 99.

that way it extends the game beyond the initial 99 levels, and give players who do hit the high end, the ability to feel like they are powerful, unlike this that i can only imagine, as we are seeing now, the cynicism of they will sell us level 99 over the years.

ethereal_1

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
All I have to say is... why is everyone bitching about online only? Who really played solo offline campaign? Get a grip and stop finding reasons to bitch. You can still play by yourself online.

p.s. If you don't have any kind of internet....wow...

flowingbass

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Holy shit. A lot of people and blizzard think that the whole world has internet available everywhere.

What if you're stuck at your grandparent's house and they dont have internet? What if you're abroad in india and they dont have internet at hotel you are staying at? And you're itching to play and finish D3 while you have A LOT of free time. And because you have finished all games that are offline singleplayer playable and STILL you have time to spare.

We need a restart or an alien invasion or an asteroid attack where people stops taking internet access for granted. And hopefully such catastrophes only happen where internet access is taken for granted because their lives is so complete they have time to bitch about having too much of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.