Blizzard Reveals Official Diablo 3 Global Launch Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmid

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
In game items purchasable with real life money ? No thank you, I'll pass. No offline mode for when my internet goes off when it rains?

No money from me blizzard :)

G

No kidding, I think he has more important things to worry about than writing a whiny comment on Toms.

shadowryche

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Just may go to WalMart and pick it up. When Crapaclysm released our local GameStop across from WalMart had a big launch event where 150+ people stood outside for hours in the cold waiting on their first 50 copies to become available. Walked into WalMart at midnight where me and seven other people did not wait for one of their 300 or so copies.

Plasmid

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
[citation][nom]arvalin_dakaria[/nom]Lol @ Plasmid, your internet drops when it rains? That sucks.[/citation]

God bless America and our internet monopolies (at&t) for their third world like service.

4745454b

Titan
Internet dropping out or needing to stay connected doesn't bother me. I am a MASSIVE TF2 junkie. There is no single player for that game. Its only multiplier so I'm used to being connected. Seriously, who isn't connected these days? I would like it if they provided some form of offline mode just in case something odd happens, but needing a net connection is fine with me.

Spending real life money for virtual stuff does seem dumb to me however. But seeing as its not a requirement I don't have an issue. I'm sure we'll be able to play the game and never once go to the auction house if you so choose. To not buy it for that reason is kinda dumb as well.

No lan play, new classes, or different game play from Diablo 2 is what could hold me back. And the only one I'm really worried about is different game play.

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I'm gonna wait for the reviews. Something tells me this game will disappoint. Mist of Pandaria and Starcraft 2 are bad successors, lets hope Diablo III isn't.

siege_templar

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
[citation][nom]schnitter[/nom]I'm gonna wait for the reviews. Something tells me this game will disappoint. Mist of Pandaria and Starcraft 2 are bad successors, lets hope Diablo III isn't.[/citation]
How is starcraft 2 a disappointment/bad successor? I would love to know, because I think is a great game and squeal, and it brought more people into the starcraft community, no more under ground bw communitys that are hard to find (apart from team liquid and what not.)

arvalin_dakaria

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
[citation][nom]schnitter[/nom]I'm gonna wait for the reviews. Something tells me this game will disappoint. Mist of Pandaria and Starcraft 2 are bad successors, lets hope Diablo III isn't.[/citation]
And how is MoP a bad successor? Its not even close to coming out yet

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Played the beta weekend and i can't wait to play it. Playing with mates on skype, can't really beat it.

I was worried about the online play, having to start at different points and such. but you can join at quest points rather than just enter a world so it's easy to play with mates.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
From the beta weekend, same old, same old until I realized I had 3 characters to level 13 and beating the beta more than my fingers could count after that!!!
It's the same hack n slash that got even simpler as you get into action quickly but the quality of the gameplay is so good I'm dumbfounded.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
$60 for a game over-hyped game....i'll wait a few months until it goes on sale....what happened to games that used to cost no more than 20.00?

maxinexus

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
Played beta weekend too. Can't wait for game to be out ... 2 weeks and it is here I can't believe it. Anyway, few things I like the blacksmith levels and instant identify and the fact that it is D3 :)...now things I did not liked that much I think graphics are not as good as I expected...maybe it is beta will see how full version will look like. The character look like if it was cut and pasted into the environment...as if the environment light did not effected the character...it is probably a glitch than can be fixed. Another thing I missed from D2 was a character attributes...and skill tree is just so simplified. Overall, can't wait to get immersed!

GlacierFreeze

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]what happened to games that used to cost no more than 20.00?[/citation]
Those games suck really bad or are 5 years old. smh

I think Diablo 3 will be quite successful. If you've missed the beta, you can get a very good preview here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hios-L3Lrk0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcmNy-wO6ZY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8g7Hk3roQ8

Losing the Internet connection may not be a huge problem after all. The guy who recorded these videos played the entire beta with each of the 5 classes, total 6 hours. I watched them all, and he only lost the connection once.

Played the beta weekend and got very bored at about level 7. Mostly limited character builds was my major worry. It is just less fun if I cant experiment with odd builds like diablo 2. This is not a rune verses skill point but a number of rune verse total combination stat/skill point options. I wonder if blizzard dumbed it down to only make items the objects of value. If the game fails due to less optional character builds it really will not matter.

In Diablo 2 I made some 20+ accounts all filled with different builds. In Diablo 3 I will only need about 10 characters so may not be very re-playable. Maybe blizzard will make some good changes early on. At least I'm hoping they do. This top down view old style game needs all the advantages possible.

wydileie

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]elbert[/nom]I wonder if blizzard dumbed it down to only make items the objects of value.[/citation]

This is exactly what they did, and they pretty much stated that as a fact. Their goal was to allow players to build any character they want and use any skills they want and still be effective to try to minimize the min-max builds. The fact that you had to follow exact guidelines to build your character in D2 or else it is a failure in Hell is what they are trying to avoid. There are upsides and downsides to this. If you think about it, they didn't really dumb down the game, they made it more complicated, because now you have different builds for each character type that could be relevant and certain items with specific stat bonuses on each that would be required to max your characters potential. They essentially took 5 'classes' and made an infinite amount of possibilities out of them.

Now I am sure there will be some builds that are more effective then others, and those will be fleshed out, probably within the first week, but I think the attempt to diversify the classes is a noble goal in development. It was annoying to see nothing but firewall/blizzard sorcs, hammerdin pallys, and whirlwind/shout barbs and nothing else.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

True, I remember WW barbs then Frenzy then what ever at each patch, so with so many people playing and with Youtube you can find an OP built very fast, I can even say those starter kit testers like me have already found one or another build to make it in inferno and beat the game in one day.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I'm fed up of those "no offline mode sucks" arguments. You had more than a year to get over it. It's 2012 now, people have reliable broadband connections. You know how many internet outages I had in the past 2 years? None. Nada. And if I had gotten one, I would have read a book or go. I know not everyone has reliable connections, I feel your pain, but we can't always adjust to the lowest common denominator. We have to adapt and cater to the mass. That's called progress. I mean, you don't refrain from buying a new toaster because the power might run off sometimes now do you?

[citation][nom]wydileie[/nom]This is exactly what they did, and they pretty much stated that as a fact. Their goal was to allow players to build any character they want and use any skills they want and still be effective to try to minimize the min-max builds. The fact that you had to follow exact guidelines to build your character in D2 or else it is a failure in Hell is what they are trying to avoid. There are upsides and downsides to this. If you think about it, they didn't really dumb down the game, they made it more complicated, because now you have different builds for each character type that could be relevant and certain items with specific stat bonuses on each that would be required to max your characters potential. They essentially took 5 'classes' and made an infinite amount of possibilities out of them. Now I am sure there will be some builds that are more effective then others, and those will be fleshed out, probably within the first week, but I think the attempt to diversify the classes is a noble goal in development. It was annoying to see nothing but firewall/blizzard sorcs, hammerdin pallys, and whirlwind/shout barbs and nothing else.[/citation]
I never followed guides as they were for noobs. Most all my builds were great in hell. This is what made the game better than others that always had limited gimped balanced skills to save time. They took 5 classes and allow unlimited respect making only 5 possible builds. Diablo 2 had thousands of great builds. The one I really like was the barb druid using the helm for over 10k health. Even this build had several great alterations. Diablo 2 is the only one with anywhere near infinite possible builds. This was the reason it was unchallenged as the top game for near 5 years.

Diablo 3 will have one best build for each class and everyone of that class will has that exact same build. I guess you forgot the static sorc, fireball sorc, necro exploiders, plague/chain lighting zone, barb druid, zallyadin, shockadin, and ect. The three I could take down the ubers with was the hammerdin, zallyadin, and my 10k barb/druid. Firewall sorcs were never good and when they did do decent damage no one would let you in a group for the lag it caused.

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]arvalin_dakaria[/nom]Lol @ Plasmid, your internet drops when it rains? That sucks.[/citation]
my brand new obamacable was just put in this spring, guess what, 2 thunderstorms have already damaged it and it needs to be replaced, or so the rumor at the company goes, i rather suspect throttling when they told me the speed was so terrible my modem couldn't even keep a connection.
i d/l the 2.3GB diablo3 online beta version friday for the server test, saturday afternoon the servers were brought down to fix problems, and a storm hit my area soon after.
i did not get to play again until monday afternoon an hour before the online server beta test was done.

do you know what i played while the servers were down and my net was broken?
played the multiplayer version of diablo2 with my brother and sister in law.
summer is almost here, bring on the rolling power outage blacks outs in california where Blizzards servers are, bring on the bandwidth throttling when the kiddies get out of school for the summer, and bring on the botters nobody does anything to prevent until most of the gamer base files complaints, bring on the solar flares and bring on the so called 'anonymous' hackers taking down the net in april (fools) and other things.
that's right because it's as good as gold as good as storing your files on megaupload........ZZZzzzzz

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]$60 for a game over-hyped game....i'll wait a few months until it goes on sale....what happened to games that used to cost no more than 20.00?[/citation]
don't worry, look at the prices of crysis 2 and other games released last year 9.99 on new egg now XD

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]GlacierFreeze[/nom]Those games suck really bad or are 5 years old. smh[/citation]
not really....do you remember the games back in 2004...those were some good games given how young the gaming industry was

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS