Blizzard: Six "Proven Property" Titles by 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mianmian

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]bak0n[/nom]Until they make a lan playable version of those games I'll never buy one.[/citation]
I guess you have to wait 70 years.

cmaki2008

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Wow, one thumb down already? Really you want another SC2 b.net 2.0 Beta? This is what has happened since Activision was in the picture. Rush the games out for our stocks!! If you like that then go ahead and thumb down this one GO FOR IT!! lol

G

I hate wow with passion but i totally love starcraft 2 and im sure i will love diablo 3, blizzard is THE company for pc gamers just like valve

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
The great thing about Blizzard games is they don't give them a release date until it's done when it's done and in the can that's when they will tell us it's hitting shelves and not a moment sooner and that's the correct thing to do make a great game then release it i have said it for years PC and no Console game makers have gotten lazy the push out a game when it's not ready and that's how we end up with day one patches the only game i will buy outright before letting them drop to the $20 bin are Blizzard,Bioware,Bethesda and ID games mainly because when i buy those games i know im getting something worth while

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]person101010[/nom]6 games in 3 years?the activision in this one is strong...[/citation]
That really has nothing to do with activision pretty much since WoW came out blizzard has released about a game a year. all while developing SC2 and Diablo 3 and titan. those games need to come out some time. like the article said, 2 WoW exp packs (they always do about 1 a year), 2 SC2 installments like was was planed during SC2 development. Then Diablo 3 when its finished and later a exp pack.

Not quite a rushed PoS line up for 3 years.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Proxy711[/nom]That really has nothing to do with activision pretty much since WoW came out blizzard has released about a game a year. all while developing SC2 and Diablo 3 and titan. those games need to come out some time. like the article said, 2 WoW exp packs (they always do about 1 a year), 2 SC2 installments like was was planed during SC2 development. Then Diablo 3 when its finished and later a exp pack.Not quite a rushed PoS line up for 3 years.[/citation]
Really? Other than SC2 please name another game Blizzard has released since WoW was released in 2004? WoW came out November of 2004, BC in January of 07, Wrath in December of 08 and Cataclysm in December of 2010. That's about 1 every 2 years.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
So Blizz wants to accelerate an expansion every year, but considering with Wrath and Cataclysm they slowed content patches incredibly down for release, not even getting to half the planned content for each xpac.

Why do I get the feeling that these expansions will be nothing more than glorified content patched that will be charged for similar to what EQ did.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I noticed all of the top comments have been thumbed down.
Let me try to get thumbed up...

AMD Bulldozer.

That is all.
This'll probably fail massively though.

Anyway back on topic...
The only game I'm looking forward to is Diablo 3, I've never really been into small-scale war like Starcraft, more a fan of Supreme commander but that's just me.

Also not big on WoW but that's also just me, I tried it out for a few weeks but got bored fast it's just not my kind of game I guess.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I noticed all of the top comments have been thumbed down.Let me try to get thumbed up...AMD Bulldozer.That is all.This'll probably fail massively though.Anyway back on topic... The only game I'm looking forward to is Diablo 3, I've never really been into small-scale war like Starcraft, more a fan of Supreme commander but that's just me.Also not big on WoW but that's also just me, I tried it out for a few weeks but got bored fast it's just not my kind of game I guess.[/citation]
2 words "Bulldozer Forever"

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]I want a new Warcraft, not WOW, proper Warcraft! Just use the starcraft engine and make a new Warcraft! Is it too much to ask?[/citation]

Second that!!! Forget WoW, WC4 would be great... hell, even another expansion for WC3 would bring in massive profits for Blizzard! When an MMO is set as such, it's fine with me, but when a previously different game turns into an MMO, like WC3 did... it hurts to watch. I pray that it doesn't happen to Mass Effect, Dragon Age and other good RPGs.

RazorBurn

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Guild Wars 2 will be the only MMO i'll be playing for years to Come..
Guilds Wars 2 is a million times better than WoW..

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Rock n' roll racing, the MMO.

Everytime you race you also buy a new song for 99 cents.

*oh crap this idea is too good, expect to see the app stores flooded with games like this too*

dsolom3

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
I guess this is the case where less is more. Compared to a few other game developers/publishers pumping out a dozen half-baked releases a year, plus another dozen of complete and utter crap, with an occasional decent one (gotta give them some credit), I'd rather play one good game for a long time than a dozen run-and-gun-through-and-forget experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.