Blizzard "Still Targeting First Half" For StarCraft II

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
It will be 2083, and I'll be looking back at my life, remembering triumphs and losses. And wondering if they will ever release that Starcraft 2 game.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I will still probably wait until I can get the whole game, that is assuming Starcraft is still to be released in three parts. Can you say, "maximise profits"

izmanq

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]I will still probably wait until I can get the whole game, that is assuming Starcraft is still to be released in three parts. Can you say, "maximise profits"[/citation]

maximise profits ? more like tripling the profit :p probably to compensate the long time development cost :D

G

Ill buy it when they release the full game for $50 or less. im not paying $50 *3 for each race senerio, screw that.

hotchrisbfries

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
Soon: Copyright 2004-2010 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

mirkos

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Lets hope that they will not think to support 3D view too. If they say about June then I believe that next christmas we will enjoy the game.

imspecial

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
I'm going to wait till I can play all 3 campaigns. Like someone said earlier, there is no way I will be paying for overpriced "expansions" when it should have all just came out at the same time.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Great news. best buy's website has a june 1st release date listed, but they also had release dates posted for the past couple years too :)

Sounds great though.. I've been a little frustrated w\ not getting a beta key, and seeing over $200,000 be made by people selling beta keys on ebay. Yes, over $200,000 has been made off the sale of beta keys for starcraft 2 by people who got the beta key, while people who would actually play it are left to wait til release.

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Both Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty, and Diablo III are up for pre-order on Amazon.com =) I mostly do single player, except the few intense LAN parties of Starcraft all-nighters, but I will buy it none the less. If Blizzard shafts too many people with either of these 2 games though, this will be my last purchase from them.

For instance, the whole not including LAN support in Starcraft II already hit a sour note with me, but if they somehow are planning on doing a bait&Switch routine, where...later on down the line they "upgrade" their Battle.net service to where they start charging all the people who will have been playing online for free up to that point, then I will gladly relegate myself to single player only.

I would dearly love to enjoy both of these games as much as they can be, but if corporate greed gets in the way, then neither of these games will realize their full potential or user base.

[citation][nom]itadakimasu[/nom]Great news. best buy's website has a june 1st release date listed, but they also had release dates posted for the past couple years too Sounds great though.. I've been a little frustrated w\ not getting a beta key, and seeing over $200,000 be made by people selling beta keys on ebay. Yes, over $200,000 has been made off the sale of beta keys for starcraft 2 by people who got the beta key, while people who would actually play it are left to wait til release.[/citation]
Ouch. If what you say is true, Blizzard must be pissed. I may be naive but, I would like to think that they would have a system in place that can match the beta key to the original system specs & email address otherwise, why do they even ask for this information? I remember you used to have to type your specs in manually but now, it is pulled from your OS when you accept the EULA.
I'm also willing to wait for polished product as I have mentioned in these threads before. Take your time.... Get it right, and they will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.