Blizzard Talking Diablo III for Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no. Consoles always ruin PC Games. Historically PC game titles, should stay just that. PC Game Titles.

Companies need to stop dumbing down their games to run on consoles.

dkcrogue

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Hmm, Judging by the comment "Many of us are console gamers. We all have Xbox Live gamertags, and we all play Xbox at home, and so we love Xbox. And we love Sony and other platforms as well." Seems too me they favour the Xbox 360 over the others, making me wonder if it will only come too that console.

If you think about it that would make sense, as the 360 is far easier to port too from PC, than the overly complex, highly multithreaded PS3. And forget the Wii, far too underpowered.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
[citation][nom]dkcrogue[/nom]This is Blizzard, there is no way they are going to release a game on a console if it sucks.[/citation]
I guess you never played Diablo on the PS1...

G

Blizzard reps hinted that there will be no split screen multiplayer unless you give Blizzard your left arm. Then they chuckle as you attempt to play with one hand.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
I can't see how they could make Diablo work on a console. How could you target spells? They'd either need a psuedo cursor (read: fail controls) or an auto-aim of sorts, but auto-aim wouldn't work well with Diablo's gajillion enemies.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]supertrek32[/nom]I can't see how they could make Diablo work on a console. How could you target spells? They'd either need a psuedo cursor (read: fail controls) or an auto-aim of sorts, but auto-aim wouldn't work well with Diablo's gajillion enemies.[/citation]

they were interested especially in the ps3, cause you can use keyboard and mouse.

P_haze420

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
As a console gamer, I would agree most of you guys. Release on pc then focus on consoles. More and more companies are jumping in console bandwagon because they actually make more money through consoles then pc and there's less piracy.

Anyways, I am getting this game on pc.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
Well what I am looking at is if they put this on the 360. Effectively console payers are paying a monthly fee from then on to play Diablo III. Sure you can play it by yourself but that's not really the point of Diablo (IMO anyway).

Of course that's assuming Vivendi/Activision doesn't ruin it. Sure blizzard is creating this and SC2 but as anyone playing WoW can tell you, since the merger its blizzards quality has gone way down.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
The keyboard/mouse isn't the only issue for consoles, it's the seating position and screen resolutions as well. It's a lot harder to see a small item or menu tab at 720p from 2 metres away than it is on a high-res PC monitor which is literally inches away. Also ever tried using a keyboard and mouse on a couch?

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]If they want to make the most money they'll focus on the consoles and forget the PC. It's a lost cause.[/citation]

Yeah, that is why they released WoW on consoles ... lol.

I think Blizzard is still one of the companies who know that if you release a good game on PC, people will buy it.
Do you think that there are less PC(and mac, ...) owners in the world than console owners.
If a company can release a really good game playable on low to high performance PC then it can make a lot of money.
It seems that Blizzard with its "released when it is done" way of making games understand that. Some do not ...

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]dkcrogue[/nom]This is Blizzard, there is no way they are going to release a game on a console if it sucks.[/citation]

I think it's more dependent on if the money to be made surpasses the effort needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.