Blizzard Teases More Info on 'Titan'

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
well i have faith in blizzard to release a quality product or to scrap it... starcraft ghost comes to mind they made it they decided it didn't cut it and to the pit of unpublished material with is... here's hoping titan sees the light of day

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
I am EXTREMELY skeptical about what I've heard about Titan so far. But then again, who knows if what I've heard is true or not.

WoW was the first and only MMO that actually got me to play. Every other MMO I've tried I felt no need to play past the usual 10-30 day trial period (I'm more of a first person shooter type of guy). So if Blizzard can make something just as good or better than WoW, then more power to them.

I just hope the Activision crew stays out of Blizzard's way. Blizzard is VERY good about releasing some of the higher quality products in the industry, even if it means delaying/canceling games. You can't say that about other Activision dev studios (Treyarch comes to mind at the moment...).

woshitudou

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
I wonder if Titan is the code name for World of Starcraft. They just had those kids change the name of their mod from World of Starcraft and they have no probs mentioning WoW in Titan related media presentations but never mention Starcraft.

eberleeeee

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
[citation][nom]woshitudou[/nom]I wonder if Titan is the code name for World of Starcraft. They just had those kids change the name of their mod from World of Starcraft and they have no probs mentioning WoW in Titan related media presentations but never mention Starcraft.[/citation]

They say at the end of the article that it is going to be a new IP...

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]snoogins[/nom]Hmm, a mmo with a fps twist.. something I would look forward to![/citation]
Didn't Planetside (among others) already do that years ago? If you want a new one, keep an eye out for games like Dust 514.

G

So basically they will go around and cherry pick features from current MMO's and ones to be released shortly dumb it down so lemmings can play it. Slap a title on it like WoW2 and all the WoW fans will say its the best thing since sliced bread. Do not know about most people but its getting extremely old hearing that WoW was the best MMO ever made. Yeah to people who never played a real MMO and started with WoW it might be.

But in reality its just a hodgepog of every MMO that came before it dumbed down so it was easy to play. I personally am old school and was around long before WoW. I played it and got extremely bored fast with it. When you max your char out in a cpl days and figure out raids in a cpl hours that does not compute to me as best MMO. I like blizzard so I am hoping there second try is a actual substance MMO not a updated WoW clone that caters to all the people that want easy mode and everything handed to them all the time. I know it would be a real tragedy if we actually had to use our thinking caps instead of just point and click.

dwhapham

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
There is already a great FPS MMO called DarkFall. I just started playing about a month ago and it is so far, the best MMO I've ever played.

Status
Not open for further replies.