Blizzard to Release Diablo III Patch to Fix Design Issues

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice changes of course I've already maxed out my BS in normal mode, lol. The Monk didn't need nerfing that sucked that was a bad move by Blizzard. Not as bad as the hatchet job that moron at Blizzard did on the pallys. That ruined the Pally class and they still haven't fixed it yet. I hope they aren't letting that same dude screw up these classes too.

golfdk

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]kareed44[/nom]Blizzard does a really good job at addressing issues like this (bugs, balance issues, etc...). They seems to listen to their user's feedback (positive and negative) and make educated decisions on what to change, if anything needs changing at all. They may not be perfect, but I challenge anyone to name a game developer who does it better. They get hammered and flamed by people constantly but when your the best at what you do there are always going to be haters.[/citation]

kareed44: your a blizzard troll.... and outed

kareed44

Honorable
May 30, 2012
[citation][nom]golfdk[/nom]kareed44: your a blizzard troll.... and outed[/citation]
I'm a realist who is bored at work.

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]This is just flat out 100% incorrect, wrong, and not true.Blizzard posted this on their game design update (in fact it was one of the main points they posted):please do better when posting articles like this so you don't accidentally misinform someone.[/citation]

Wow, sorry about that. That was flat out my problem on my end.

Thanks for alerting me. If you see any other inaccuracies, please let me know. I guess this is what I get for writing on a plane.

TGT-Gaming

Honorable
May 25, 2012
[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]Wish there were a edit button, But I already made my decision Kareed44 by refusing to buy Any products from Blizzard after Wc3 aka WoW/Sc2/D3. bunch of worthless DRM infected games. I even wont buy Activision/Ubisoft/Rockstar/EA's games. They are all TRASH.[/citation]

So if a game has DRM it's automatically trash? Hate to break it to you son, but that will be the future of gaming. Either deal with it or quit gaming altogether. I honestly don't see anything wrong with it, if you were in their shoes I'm sure you would do the same to your products.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
No problemo blackjack, thanks for fixing that.

I am hopeful that Blizzard will listen to all the user feedback (backlash) and continue to try and fix things. I have been taking it really slow and have not even completed normal yet. Kinda glad I have been going so slow now that I am hearing of item drop, item stat, class abilities, and difficulty changes.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
They are fixing abilities that may break the game, meaning anything that allows you to successfully farm inferno.

Once the RMAH is up and blizzard can sell their own "player drops" inferno will be unplayable I'm sure.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]aha im glad i didnt waste 60 bucks on diablo 3. I'm waiting on skidrows diablo 3 ^_^ thumbs up if u agree! ^_^[/citation]

You are part of the goddamn reason we dont have offline play. Asshole.

Energy96

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
DRM and online only play is there for the sole reason to prevent cheating/duping. While that is always an issue, with the introduction of the real money auction house this issue becomes MUCH more serious. It is the only way they can prevent 99% of cheating. As for the other 1%, someone will ALWAYS find a way, its only a matter of time, ESPECIALLY since real money can be had now. If the tracking is done right it will be stopped quickly and those involved will probably be pursued, It isn't just a game anymore when real money is involved.

Energy96

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
To add to my above post...

That doesn't stop Blizzard from putting their own "created" items up there to fatten the coffers any time they want though ;)

bad_student

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
I guess I'm one of the few who really doesn't care about always needing to be online to play it. I played Diablo 2 to death, and since I played mostly online, every hour spent in offline mode was an hour that didn't help my main account at all.

The story is much weaker than the previous games. They've really explained too much and gone too far into cliched-epic territory. The previous games only revealed small portions of the story and did so with enough unsaid that the story served more to set the tone and give an objective than to retell the wheel. Even worse, the archvillains actually compliment the player for defeating them. "Congratulations, you've defeated me. But i'll get you next time." It sounds cheesy and treats the players as kids.

Otoh, I'm really impressed with how many build options there are with the current system. I find myself changing skills before bosses and changing again if there are four players in the game. Even better, each glyph for a skill has a different animation.

The game has definitely borrowed a lot from the diablo clones like Torchlight, but unlike those wannabes, Diablo has kept me interested long enough to play through the entire game --and more than once.

bad_student

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Regarding gems and the commodities AH, gems are way too OP for twinking. An average lvl 8 item does around 16 dps. A flawless gem, available from normal difficulty for probably 200 gold on the AH, increases that to 38 dps, more than doubling a character's damage. There is no level req on gems, and flawless is only the fourth tier of about 10 tiers.
Crafting this gem is much much more expensive than buying it on the AH. Assuming chipped gems only, the cost to produce this gem from a craftsman is 27 chipped gems, approx. 750 gold per gem upgrade x 13 upgrades. The actual cost will vary between 1200 for the last upgrade to the high amount above, but it's definitely much more expensive than than 200g that was asked on the AH.

I'm glad that the AH is currently broken--I doubt it's accidental--and does not allow gems to be sold through it because twinking is only fun after characters have legitimately made it to the end of the game.

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]No problemo blackjack, thanks for fixing that.I am hopeful that Blizzard will listen to all the user feedback (backlash) and continue to try and fix things. I have been taking it really slow and have not even completed normal yet. Kinda glad I have been going so slow now that I am hearing of item drop, item stat, class abilities, and difficulty changes.[/citation]

I actually finished the game on normal in the first few days. It's actually not so bad, finishing it early on on normal. Really, things really start to matter on nightmare.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Beside a few champion / elite pack combos in inferno that's pretty much impossible to beat for some classes i love the game, it's sad when the need to restart because a single pack is blocking the way that can't be sidetracked by a suicide or two. I love difficult games but there should always be a slight chance to win but it ain't (For instance in Act II inferno first time, some packs with the wrong perks without AH bought gear is pretty much impossible).

I love the game, really entertaining now that most of the server issues is hammered out! Cheers Blizzard!

HolyCrusader

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I'm almost always connected the the 'net, so the always-on DRM, while annoying, isn't a gamebreaker for me.

What was a gamebreaker for me and D3 was the fact it was just a boring game with limited content and customization. If it were only $10, it would have been a good deal, but compare it to Torchlight 2, trumps Diablo 3 in almost every aspect - and is only $20... it's becomes much more difficult to say Diablo 3 is worth it.

I was in the D3 beta for months. I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't. I avoided it, and I know many other people that have avoided the game because they played the final beta, or have seen one of their friends play it and saw how simple the game has become. I'm also seeing a lot of people that have regretted spending their $60 on a game. One friend of mine simply said, after playing the game was, "That's it?"

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
[citation][nom]bigdragon[/nom]Wow, what were they doing back in beta? So many changes so quickly after launch. I would have expected them to catch all this stuff back in beta -- that's what they're fore! I know they're trying hard to say that good abilities aren't being nerfed just because they're good, but that's the same line the Battlefail 3 developers told us over and over when they ruined perfectly good weapons to make others shine. It's a never-ending shell game. You just need to figure out what has the best stats after a patch, everyone winds up using it, and then that gets nerfed too. I don't like this type of patching. Glad I avoided Diablo 3.[/citation]

they nerfed those skills because of the 20ish second DH god mode in inferno and the 5k HP unkillable monk also in inferno.

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]aha im glad i didnt waste 60 bucks on diablo 3. I'm waiting on skidrows diablo 3 ^_^ thumbs up if u agree! ^_^[/citation]

goodluck in playing 1% or less of the game content.

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
[citation][nom]HolyCrusader[/nom]I'm almost always connected the the 'net, so the always-on DRM, while annoying, isn't a gamebreaker for me.What was a gamebreaker for me and D3 was the fact it was just a boring game with limited content and customization. If it were only $10, it would have been a good deal, but compare it to Torchlight 2, trumps Diablo 3 in almost every aspect - and is only $20... it's becomes much more difficult to say Diablo 3 is worth it.I was in the D3 beta for months. I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't. I avoided it, and I know many other people that have avoided the game because they played the final beta, or have seen one of their friends play it and saw how simple the game has become. I'm also seeing a lot of people that have regretted spending their $60 on a game. One friend of mine simply said, after playing the game was, "That's it?"[/citation]

so you haven't bought it then? may I know what you mean by the game being simple?

Status
Not open for further replies.