Blizzard Unveils 3 Custom Games for StarCraft 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahbot

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
Wow user input finally goes for Starcraft2 where is LAN play. My family and I cant all play Starcraft2 on the net. It runs to slow to play one of us is always lagging out. Can't someone make a mod that allows LAN play. Wouldnt be great if you and 7 of your close friends could network and play vs each other. Oh and if you want to know what internet speed we got it run less than 512kbs try playing with 4 people at the same time on one game or play MWF2 or any other game over the net and you lag out, our ping rides about 250 or higher in servers unless one of is just playing by our selfs then we get about 100ping all the time. still not the fastest on the planet. and to think that im moving back to a small town in idaho an hour from 40mbs qwest internet. so were stuck on 1.5mbs up and down which is better but only my girl friend my son and myself will be using it not my mother, step dad, sister, other sister, my youngest brother, my girl friend, my son, and my self, Oh if you wanted to know how old I am im 26 with a 4year old son that playes better than my 2nd youngest sister she is 19. Im glad my girlfriend is got a job in idaho and plans to move me and the kids to idaho in our own place. I know this has pretty much no use in starcraft 2 but as you can see were a gaming family. 3 xbox360's 7 computers and my PS3 and 3 big screen tv's I just wish they would bring faster internet to my mother house so that we can play online once my small family moves.

computerlame

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
These were available to play on the floor at the last Blizzcon. Good to see they are now available for those who didn't go.

StarJeweled is most certainly a sign of just how ADD our society is becoming since it basically requires you to keep constant track of 2 games at once.

Vestin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]computerlame[/nom]StarJeweled is most certainly a sign of just how ADD our society is becoming since it basically requires you to keep constant track of 2 games at once.[/citation]
I'm not sure you understand ADD - people with it have trouble focusing on ONE thing, let alone two... If someone is able to focus on multiple things at once, they don't have a DEFICIT of attention, they have a SURPLUS.

kyofu

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]457474hdfhd[/nom]So starcraft 2 is boring enough to need mini games to play at the same time? One more reason not to buy it.[/citation]

Firstly they're just custom games just like all the other ones made by the community... and secondly I'm surprised that getting more for your money is now a bad thing.

HelpingHands

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]Why does "left 2 die" immediately sounds like a ripoff of "Left 4 dead"?[/citation]

I guess you didn't pick up the parody pattern..

grillz9909

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]Why does "left 2 die" immediately sounds like a ripoff of "Left 4 dead"?[/citation]
HAHAHA. They all sound like "ripoffs". Except I'm sure they asked permission first, and I'm sure the games they are "ripping off" are thrilled to be exposed to the sc2 community. Not really a ripoff IMO

crus_russ

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
[citation][nom]RahBoT[/nom]Wow user input finally goes for Starcraft2 where is LAN play. My family and I cant all play Starcraft2 on the net. It runs to slow to play one of us is always lagging out. Can't someone make a mod that allows LAN play. Wouldnt be great if you and 7 of your close friends could network and play vs each other. Oh and if you want to know what internet speed we got it run less than 512kbs try playing with 4 people at the same time on one game or play MWF2 or any other game over the net and you lag out, our ping rides about 250 or higher in servers unless one of is just playing by our selfs then we get about 100ping all the time. still not the fastest on the planet. and to think that im moving back to a small town in idaho an hour from 40mbs qwest internet. so were stuck on 1.5mbs up and down which is better but only my girl friend my son and myself will be using it not my mother, step dad, sister, other sister, my youngest brother, my girl friend, my son, and my self, Oh if you wanted to know how old I am im 26 with a 4year old son that playes better than my 2nd youngest sister she is 19. Im glad my girlfriend is got a job in idaho and plans to move me and the kids to idaho in our own place. I know this has pretty much no use in starcraft 2 but as you can see were a gaming family. 3 xbox360's 7 computers and my PS3 and 3 big screen tv's I just wish they would bring faster internet to my mother house so that we can play online once my small family moves.[/citation]

Stop whinging about LAN play and buy a copy. LAN play is for pirates.

You can still sit around in the same room and "LAN" with your friends on battle net.

And dude - get a job.

G

[citation][nom]457474hdfhd[/nom]So starcraft 2 is boring enough to need mini games to play at the same time? One more reason not to buy it.[/citation]

need mini games? correction: have mini games. btw if you are too noobish to play rts well that is your own problem not the game problem.

dioxholster

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
[citation][nom]RahBoT[/nom]Wow user input finally goes for Starcraft2 where is LAN play. My family and I cant all play Starcraft2 on the net. It runs to slow to play one of us is always lagging out. Can't someone make a mod that allows LAN play. Wouldnt be great if you and 7 of your close friends could network and play vs each other. Oh and if you want to know what internet speed we got it run less than 512kbs try playing with 4 people at the same time on one game or play MWF2 or any other game over the net and you lag out, our ping rides about 250 or higher in servers unless one of is just playing by our selfs then we get about 100ping all the time. still not the fastest on the planet. and to think that im moving back to a small town in idaho an hour from 40mbs qwest internet. so were stuck on 1.5mbs up and down which is better but only my girl friend my son and myself will be using it not my mother, step dad, sister, other sister, my youngest brother, my girl friend, my son, and my self, Oh if you wanted to know how old I am im 26 with a 4year old son that playes better than my 2nd youngest sister she is 19. Im glad my girlfriend is got a job in idaho and plans to move me and the kids to idaho in our own place. I know this has pretty much no use in starcraft 2 but as you can see were a gaming family. 3 xbox360's 7 computers and my PS3 and 3 big screen tv's I just wish they would bring faster internet to my mother house so that we can play online once my small family moves.[/citation]

hahaha we dont care

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
The guy blasting off about the internet.. Dude where do u live... I can have like 20 of my friends playing online with 0 LAG. Upgrade your PC.

eodeo

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
sc2 is so great. i play it every day. great to find info on my favorite hardware site too.

now if only bilzz could nerf terans so the 3 races are actually in balance, not just the 2.

HolyCrusader

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Even if I don't extensively play these mini-games, it's good to see new content added to the game post-release. Reminds me back when DLC used to be called, "Patches" and we were able to download them for free.

Perhaps they can add, "Lost Viking" to the menu as well, so you don't need to load an old campaign game to play it?

mrstasis

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Because it's supposed to. They've got special enemies that are named after L4D enemies too: Kaboomer (Boomer), Choker (Smoker), Hunterling (Hunter), Spotter (Spitter), Stank (Tank), and there might be some I'm forgetting.

[citation][nom]computerlame[/nom]StarJeweled is most certainly a sign of just how ADD our society is becoming since it basically requires you to keep constant track of 2 games at once.[/citation]
Of course it's already been pointed out that that's not what ADD is, and while I'm not sure if you were intentionally being negative or it just came across that way due the limitations of text on the internet, but I would say it's a good thing if you have the presence of mind and quick wit to be able to keep track of two games at once.

You should be more careful, your ignorance is showing.

mrstasis

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]Petey1013[/nom]Yea, so once out of beta, how much are these gonna cost. You gotta know Kotick will be salivating to start charging for these.[/citation]
There is no payment system as of yet on custom content, though it is supposed to be coming in the future. I'm pretty confident that at least this set of custom maps will be free.

newfiedave84

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
[citation][nom]eodeo[/nom]now if only bilzz could nerf terans so the 3 races are actually in balance, not just the 2.[/citation]

Just because you choose to A-click your whole army into a line of Siege Tanks does not make Terrans overpowered.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I got to try these games at last year's Blizzcon and I have to say, Blizzard did a pretty good job at making these fun, accessible, and easy to pick up and understand.

My favorite was Blizzard DotA, because it was running off of the SC2 engine and had heroes from all 3 Blizzard franchises.

mrstasis

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]peterdigby[/nom]Stop with the mini games and hurry up with the next Starcraft 2 chapter.[/citation]
You seriously think that a company of hundreds of employees can't manage making some add-on content while staying on schedule for the next game?

[citation][nom]eodeo[/nom]these are consumer generated maps. blizz is working on the heart of the swarm.[/citation]
No, these maps are official Blizzard content.

Status
Not open for further replies.