Blizzard Waives Character Transfer Fees for WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

triculious

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
a bit sensationalist on the news today?
this happens regularly during the year for select realms to lessen server loads, it's not, as the title suggests, a once-in-a-lifetime offer for everyone

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
it is usually unwise to get these free xfers if you are in the upper hand fraction (IE, more horde or ally than the other), since blizzard sees this more as a fraction balance tool than to help people.

Sooo many stories of free xfer then paid to xfer back because the fraction on the target server is trash and you can't raid / pvp successfully at all.

and yes, very bad title, I was thinking I could move my bladefist guy to proudmore or another one of those high progression servers for free (and getting many of my friends to do it too!), but alas, that is not to be.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
While it does happen from time to time, I wouldn't say it's a "regular" offer. However, after reading the title, I was under the impression that it was a "free for all" offer. I was hoping to move my mage that is stuck alone on Chromaggus.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Must resist the urge to mock the amount of time WoW players put in...
I mean seriously you guys are hard core if you even know 25 source servers.

I probably can't name 25 cities in the general vacinity of my home town.

G

[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]Must resist the urge to mock the amount of time WoW players put in...I mean seriously you guys are hard core if you even know 25 source servers.I probably can't name 25 cities in the general vacinity of my home town.[/citation]

1 - No one said they can name the servers.
2 - If you can't name that many cities around yours, that's just because you're stupid, or a loser who never leaves his/her parents basement.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
hoenstly i cant stand blizzard any more, i liked warcraft when it was an rts , so i was initially unhappya bout the WoW mmo , because this has basically kiled a true warcraft sequel from hapening any time soon, i did try wow once , but they charge for every thing , it's rediculous. O prticularly thing charging for a character transfer is the snakiest thing that could be done it's a process that can could be automated by software alone it certianly doesn't cost blizzard one red cent when a player transfers a character , it's sheer greedy profit.

to add insult to injury they split star craft 3 into three parts, basxsically seelling peopel 1/3rd of the game for 60 bucks, wahts worse is there is no lan support tsk tsk.

if there was ever a company i wanted to see get knocked off their high horse it is blizzard more so even than EA (and i really dislike EA)

v12v12

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]hoenstly i cant stand blizzard any more, i liked warcraft when it was an rts , so i was initially unhappya bout the WoW mmo , because this has basically kiled a true warcraft sequel from hapening any time soon, i did try wow once , but they charge for every thing , it's rediculous. O prticularly thing charging for a character transfer is the snakiest thing that could be done it's a process that can could be automated by software alone it certianly doesn't cost blizzard one red cent when a player transfers a character , it's sheer greedy profit. to add insult to injury they split star craft 3 into three parts, basxsically seelling peopel 1/3rd of the game for 60 bucks, wahts worse is there is no lan support tsk tsk. if there was ever a company i wanted to see get knocked off their high horse it is blizzard more so even than EA (and i really dislike EA)[/citation]

Yep sheer greed and "we're big time now" profiteering by non-gaming enthusiast "managers." It's nothing but the "corporate infection" gaining ground. Charge, rent, permit, restrict cycle on continuous repeat. When will folks demand control and features that were ONCE present, but we soon striped once they found out or created a new "business" model that would make these features (purposefully) irrelevant, or at a cost.

I played SC on LAN and knew tons of ppl that played ONLY on LAN or IPX etc. They/we could careless about non-private play. Blizzard has lost their small-guy sense of purpose. It's all metered updates, patches and trough slop for the bellowing cattle! HAha yep, buncha pigs and bovines wallowing in their own excrement... provided by Blizz for a FEE of course! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.