Blizzard's New Gig is a 'Freemium' Card Trading Game

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]joz[/nom]I think I'll stick with paper MTG; it has value (as long as you have the right cards.) Is tremendously popular; takes a bit more skill then most people give it credit for to play properly. [/citation]I'm not against Blizzard's game but I got the M:TG crack monkey off my back years ago and I'm not interested in replacing it. I still have a case of Fallen Empire buried in storage somewhere. Some day it may be worth more than its recycling value but I can wait.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Soda-88[/nom]They'd be better off working on Warcraft IV because WoW pulled Warcraft lore into the gutter a long time ago.[/citation]
The problem is the constant retcons have really hurt Warcraft. You combined the loss of the Warcraft fan cause of what has happened with WoW with what happened with D3, I'm not sure WC4 would be successful.

Two things need to happen for Blizzard to recapture their old glory. 1) They have to get out from under Bobby Kotick. Unfortunately, that's not up to them, that is up to Vivendi if they decide to sell Blizzard seperately which is highly doubtful. The best hope is whoever buys ActiBlizz dumps Kotick as CEO of ActiBlizz. And 2), Chris Metzen needs at least a year long vacation to "recharge". His storytelling has been weak for a long time, and even in SC, the storyline there seems to parallel what happened in WC where the bad guys aren't truly bad, just misunderstood. Essentially the same thing with the names of the species being different.

tadej petric

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
[citation][nom]bajwajan[/nom]My mothers neighbour is functioning half time and averaging $9000 a month. i am one mum and simply got my 1st bank check for $6546! I still cannot believe it. i attempted it out cause I got very desperate and currently i could not be happier. Heres what I do, www.hdcash1.com[/citation]
Huh, I tought that only youtube is full of scams.

joe nate

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
Considering they said Project Titan was a new IP (intellectual property) not relating to any other franchises (warcraft/starcraft/diablo) and they were advertising Titan to get new developersfor the "next gen mmo" and their team is only 15 big... I have a hard time beleiving that with those two mismatches that this is the unannounced next-gen MMO Project Titan...

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
[citation][nom]fearless1333[/nom]...Well it's the same with all games isn't it? Pay money for some pixels on a screen that move around and shoot other pixels.[/citation]

It used to be that you'd pay once and play a game as much as you wanted... but What Blizzard is 100% dedicated to now (apparently) are games where they can keep sucking money out of you indefinitely. This is just another form of the 'continuous cash flow' model they're even trying to push in single player games now. I personally am not going to support it and see it as a pretty sleazy business model... but they absolutely have the right to be a sleazy business if that's what they want to do.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]joe nate[/nom]Considering they said Project Titan was a new IP (intellectual property) not relating to any other franchises (warcraft/starcraft/diablo) and they were advertising Titan to get new developersfor the "next gen mmo" and their team is only 15 big... I have a hard time beleiving that with those two mismatches that this is the unannounced next-gen MMO Project Titan...[/citation]
There was a story I believe on Joystiq about a month or two ago where it seems Titan may not be a new IP afterall.

natoco

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
Ages 8-14 care about card games like that, or rich nerds that think buying dozens of decks with a high chance of rare cards in them just to prove your elite. If I were a kid, probably :)

Status
Not open for further replies.