Blizzcon 2010 Tournament Recap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onyx2291

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
I think that damage after 20 minutes rule is bull.

Who cares if they did more damage, because the other team had to HEAL that damage so its still equal work on both sides.

mavroxur

Distinguished
I hate teams that roll the turtle tactic >_< and i especially don't care for it since they KNEW there was a 20 minute time time limit and use it to get a win. It falls down there with pillar humping in my opinion.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Yeah, I agree completely. The 20 minute rule is crap. This is World of Warcraft, not football. It's supposed to be more like gladiator combat. Somehow I don't see Caesar saying, "Well, you did behead your opponent but you didn't do it fast enough, so we will be awarding him the victory (posthumously of course)." C'mon... make it about the combat, not the clock!

G

They have to have a 20 minute rule to promote aggressiveness. Healers are very strong 1v1 and in many cases (and I think this is a huge flaw with the game) matches can pretty much result in a stalemate ultimately testing which team has more patience. IMO blizzard screwed up in that most healers never burn through their mana pools and the ones that do often have abilities that quickly refill them.

Damage and healing also is not equal. Every arena player has a ton of resiliance which is a constant reduction of damage, where as healing effectivness is only reduced when an opposing teams debuff is on the player.

The 20 minute rule eliminates stalemates, otherwise it would probably be commonplace to see a pillar humping healer doing 0 damage drawing out matches for an infinite amount of time.

One of the easier glad comps in WoW is the double healer + prot war/ palidin comp, because it's extremely difficult to kill.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Onyx2291[/nom]I think that damage after 20 minutes rule is bull.Who cares if they did more damage, because the other team had to HEAL that damage so its still equal work on both sides.[/citation]

It's about dealing damage, otherwise you'd just have 3 resto druids just running around healing or something stupid.

That last 3v3 match was indeed bullshit. What they should have done after 20 minutes, is instead of going on damage, it does something like WSG does, where damage is multiplied so that it's harder to stay alive and burst damage is increased, and damage is further increased the longer the match goes on.

tuanmai

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
I think the controversy over the last match is more of Blizzard's fault than anything. They should've shut the match down right at 20 minutes. From what I've heard this also isn't the first time something like this has happened at a tournament, although I'm pretty sure its the first time it's happened in the final round.

Status
Not open for further replies.