[SOLVED] Blown PSU. Need help choosing a safe replacement .

Aug 11, 2021
I blew the stock PSU of a Fujitsu Siemens ESPRIMO E3510 (DTF1 - D2750). It was one of those custom (weirdly) shaped PSUs with a Max output rating of 280W(110W on mixed +3.3V and +5V)

I want to know if I can hook it up to a Dell D250AD-00 PSU with 250W(90W on mixed +3.3V and +5V) and run it without issues.

Another option I have is a Mercury 550W KEZ-1200 PSU with a max output rating of 550W and (I'm not sure how much the mixed rating is from the label, I've included all the labels for good measure.)

The PSU labels-
(Correction to the album title- those are the TWO options I have and the stock PSU that blew.
https://ibb.co/album/bg0kQ4

Extra information- The power pin I'm using is a 3Pin 250V- 10A cord. As far as I'm aware, This shouldn't matter but just in case.

As far the PC components go, everything is stock. And bonus questions
  1. How do you figure out if your PC is running mixed 5V and 3.3V?
  2. I wanted to stick on a Zotac G 710 ZONE edition 2GB in it. How will that affect the power consumption?

Solution
You're going to have to find an exact match for a power supply that doesn't follow ATX standards. Substitutions won't work, especially not a Dell power supply. Dell PSU's typically use unique connectors and the voltages aren't always the same as what you would get out of an ATX PSU. The color coding on the wiring is also confusing, because they don't always use the normal colors that you would expect to find on an ATX wiring harness. You have to use a power supply tester to determine which wires run power and which are ground, and what voltage they carry, and then you'd need to be able to adapt the unique connectors on the Dell PSU to whatever is on your motherboard. It's more trouble than it's worth. If an exact match for your existing...
with the odd shape, you may have to use a replacement of the same PSU.
s-l500.jpg

I know of no other PSU shaped like this

Aug 11, 2021
The Mercury is real garbage. Give the Dell a try.
In that case, I;d not use either the Dell or the Mercury. a decent quality 300W standard PSU will work

I see. I'm gonna go look for a decent PSU ASAP and if I can't get one quickly enough, I'll use the dell. I have no idea what to do with the mercury PSU though considering I paid full msrp on it, it'd be a shame to bin it.

Joseph_138

Distinguished
You're going to have to find an exact match for a power supply that doesn't follow ATX standards. Substitutions won't work, especially not a Dell power supply. Dell PSU's typically use unique connectors and the voltages aren't always the same as what you would get out of an ATX PSU. The color coding on the wiring is also confusing, because they don't always use the normal colors that you would expect to find on an ATX wiring harness. You have to use a power supply tester to determine which wires run power and which are ground, and what voltage they carry, and then you'd need to be able to adapt the unique connectors on the Dell PSU to whatever is on your motherboard. It's more trouble than it's worth. If an exact match for your existing power supply can't be located, it might time to replace your computer with one that uses industry standard components, I'm sorry to say.

Solution