Blu-ray Burner - Please recommend

I need a recommended Blu-ray burner for a build. It's not really for anything in particular but if it happens to be needed it needs to perform well. (For a customer's $2.5K build) Hopefully it doesn't sound like a jet engine taking off either (or is that unavoidable?)

I had this one picked out but it's got some bad reviews on Newegg.
Optical Drive: Asus - BW-16D1HT Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Thanks

Solution
That works, but that PowerDVD software has poor reviews. Everybody says it's WAY bloated. It would work though. Not sure it's worth paying extra for though. Also, you'll still need a ripping and a disk copy/burning application if you want those because that other software that comes with it will burn home movies and files to blu ray, but it won't burn copies of disks or remove the different types of protection, unwanted languages, FBI warnings, etc., from the track data when creating the image for the new disk like, say, DVDFab 9.

Just, FYI.
I just got this one about two weeks ago. It seems to work perfect AND contrary to what some say, you CAN get free player software for them that actually works, as I have, and it does. You can also find halfway decent free ripping software too.

I have zero issues with this unit and would highly recommend it considering no hitches in two weeks of use and playing about twenty disks and ripping all of them. Speeds are good and noise level is acceptable. Good even if you leave it on the quiet setting in the drive utility, but much faster if you change the setting and don't mind a little noise.

I would absolutely buy this unit a second or third time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OLZCD5K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can also get basically the same model, slightly improved, that COMES with player and burning/ripping software, for a little more.

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-External-Writer-BDR-XD05B-Black/dp/B00OD39P6A/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00OD39P6A&pd_rd_r=EWRTPVZFN7GNM96QQNH0&pd_rd_w=K68JZ&pd_rd_wg=qZ71o&psc=1&refRID=EWRTPVZFN7GNM96QQNH0

If you check around you will see that when it comes to Blu ray drives, Pioneer leads the pack in every single review of the best of the best.

I'm now looking at this Pioneer. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1021126-REG/pioneer_bdr_209dbk_16x_blu_ray_dvd_writer_no_sotware_cables.html

What free player software were you referring to? Can I get it with this drive?

Yes, that drive would probably be a good choice.

This is the player software that I was talking about. I've checked it seven ways from Sunday, no malware or other problems that I've been able to find and every review of it that I can find are all positive. I'm not sure, at all, how it is they are able to give it away for free when everybody else charges for their software due to the license fees, but they do. I've been using it without issue at all. It doesn't burn copies of blu ray disks though, or rip them. You will need other software for that. MakeMKV works well for ripping blu ray disks to a usable/flexible Windows video format that you can do just about anything with. There are also some good copy/burning applications out there but they pretty much all cost a little something. I might be able to link you to something if you need a copy/burning application too.

If you only need the player, this WILL work fine. At least, it has for me for the last two weeks and does not seem to be any kind of trial or shareware. Just.......free. I really don't care WHY they are giving it away, so long as it works. I think it might simply be one of those, hey everybody try this out, and then later when it gets popular, then they start charging new users for it. Anyhow, it's the ONLY free option out there, so yeah, it's the BEST free option out there.

http://www.leawo.com/blu-ray-player/

That works, but that PowerDVD software has poor reviews. Everybody says it's WAY bloated. It would work though. Not sure it's worth paying extra for though. Also, you'll still need a ripping and a disk copy/burning application if you want those because that other software that comes with it will burn home movies and files to blu ray, but it won't burn copies of disks or remove the different types of protection, unwanted languages, FBI warnings, etc., from the track data when creating the image for the new disk like, say, DVDFab 9.

Just, FYI.

Solution
I had jumped the gun an ordered it anyway (the one with Cyberlink). I've been researching this build all day and that was the final part to order.

I want something easy for the customer who works a lot and doesn't have time for fiddling with software. I'll be installing everything for them to get everything working.

They didn't mention burning or ripping, so they may not be concerned with that. I just wanted the hardware to be there if they ever did want to.

I don't want bloatware on the system either though, so I may want something more simple than the PowerDVD.

Well, check out the Cyberlink software reviews on Newegg and Amazon, as well as the professional reviews. For ME I didn't think it was something I wanted to pay for, based on the poor reviews and lack of customer support from the company, so I went with the one I linked to above. The Leawo program was small, easy to install and configure and I have had no problems with it. But since that program DOES come with the drive, totally understandable if you want to use that. If I had purchased a drive that came with licensed software, I probably would have at least given it a go.

One thing, you might want rent a blu ray disk and just make sure it all works to your satisfaction before you turn it over to the customer though because Blu Ray is really different than DVD and the licensing protocols tend to over complicate things in some cases.