Blue blank screen start up!

Kevin Davidson

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014
Hi everyone! This is my first problem with a build I am having a heck of a time solving if you can bare with me while I try my best to explain this issue. I just finished a gaming rig build about a couple of weeks ago. It has ran perfectly until the end of the week I started a new game and the whole rig shut down. I was running afterburner cpu 49 gpu 52 at time of shut down Immediately thought psu because the 500 watt did not fire it back up! So I looked up a good calculator and it told me minimum system was 625 watts. So I took a trip to the store an bought an evga 750 for upgrade purposes. Fired it up everything worked fine for a couple of days Thinking everything is great! if it doesn't totally shut down again playing the same game. This time it boots up whit blue screen of death! reboots itself the second time and its fine! It has done this twice know in the same day. I can not figure out what is causing it! If any of you guys could help would greatly appreciate it.
Here is my spec; Gigabyte 990fX UD3
Gigabyte R9 280X
12GB Patriot Viper RAM
AMD FX8350
Asus Xonar STX
EVGA NEX 750

Kevin Davidson

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014
Yes first thing I did when I built this one. It has the current Bios for the FFx8350. funny thing is no heat issues no power issue did diagnoses on both 2 tb seagate hdd. Diagnoses o Ram clean ran Diagdx clean I am perplexed! I have never had any problem that generally couldn't solve this one is giving me a run for my money lol! when it runs so smooth accept for this one thing. It is driving to drink!!!

DonnyTechMaster

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
I've had my pc crash before due to bad optimization on a game. The game overheated my GPU and caused my whole pc to crash when I played the game. That may be your problem, although I can't know for sure unless you tell me what game it was.

Kevin Davidson

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014

Kevin Davidson

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014
The game is simple my computer should handle it easy. It is Age of empire III and I get 60 fps per second or better in BF4 in the most demanding scenes. I have 5 120mm fans circulating air cpu cooler evo 212 computer at Idle cpu 36 gpu 37. That is why I am stumped.Have not had incident since you and I are corresponding mind you I have not fired on that game either. but do you not agree given my specs I should not have an issue.

DonnyTechMaster

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

Aparently AoE 3 had some pretty rough optimization issues. That not uncommon for older games, and I have played older games on my new rig that struggle due to the fact that those old games were made for old hardware, and don't play well with newer hardware.

I did find a similar issue with a solution here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/97148-13-empires-performance

Kevin Davidson

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014

Thanks Donny for helping me with this! What is weird since I have not plaid this I have not had an issue it bothers me because when you spend the money and take your time to build your own gamer for yourself! If it was for a friend or a costumer there wouldn't be any issue lol! I built this for me and my family and there had to be something.

DonnyTechMaster

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

No problem, hope you find a solution that fixes your problem (if there is one :D)