Blue Flashing Light on Mobo

Chuckn2x

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
I have what I believe to be a faulty G-skill Ripjaws series 4gb memory stick, I have tried two different motherboards, with two different CPU's, and have tested my PSU on another system as well.
My System Specs: FX6300
MSI 970A-g46
Gskills Ripjaw 4 GB 1600 mhz
Radeon HD 7950
Corsair 600 Watt Builder Series
My Question is, what are the odds that it isn't the Memory, that I received two bad CPU's, or two bad motherboards?
Could my PSU still be to blame here, even though I tested it on another, older system?

Chuckn2x

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

So your positive about the RAM? I'm getting a continuous blue light blinking, almost 1-2 times a second, all the fans spinning on and off, and the reset light is blinking as well. I sent an email, not to the RMA department, but to the tech support, and hopefully they will get back to me on that one.

Chuckn2x

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
I finally got the RAM back today, turns out it's not the ram :(. I'm now just going to assume it is the PSU. I tested it with another computer, but that computer only required 20 pins not all 24. I get the same blinking error light with, or without the 4 pin in. Gonna work on getting the PSU RMA'd.

Chuckn2x

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
I come with fantastic, yet very embarrassing news. All my parts were good. My problem was that I had the 2 Pin power button connector side ways -_-. Gotta be sure to read those manuals really well. I am typing this on my new build :D.

TRENDING THREADS