Blue pixels flickering around the screen while gaming

Oct 3, 2018
Just built a new pc:
i7-8700k
16gb ram
gtx 1070 ti with 411.70 driver

Installed a couple of games, and although they otherwise run amazingly even on max settings, I get this weird problem with blue pixels flickering randomly around the screen:
https://i.imgur.com/q1lRXKu.png
https://i.imgur.com/cWva7Cg.png

I've tried all sorts of things to fix this, including:
- restarting the game
- adjusting graphics settings
- replugging my dvi cable
- updating video card drivers
- replugging video card

At first I only noticed this in Destiny 2, but now in other games as well, although the effect isn't as severe. Other than in game, there are no issues. Does anyone know what could be the issue and how to fix it?

Solution
Flickering pixels sounds like artifacting in the graphics card to me. If you have overclocked or modified any settings for the graphics card such as GPU and memory clocks, voltages, or fan speeds, you need to begin your troubleshooting by returning those to their default settings. Once the card is set to default, you want to perform your tests again and see if the symptoms of blue flickering pixels persist or have been remedied.

If the issue isn't resolved, star first by lowering the memory clock, in perhaps 100 MHz increments, testing your games between each new lowered value. If the artifacting goes away, it's the memory.

If the artifacting doesn't go away, reset the memory to default timings and test the GPU by lowering it's clock...
Flickering pixels sounds like artifacting in the graphics card to me. If you have overclocked or modified any settings for the graphics card such as GPU and memory clocks, voltages, or fan speeds, you need to begin your troubleshooting by returning those to their default settings. Once the card is set to default, you want to perform your tests again and see if the symptoms of blue flickering pixels persist or have been remedied.

If the issue isn't resolved, star first by lowering the memory clock, in perhaps 100 MHz increments, testing your games between each new lowered value. If the artifacting goes away, it's the memory.

If the artifacting doesn't go away, reset the memory to default timings and test the GPU by lowering it's clock speed in approximately 100 MHz increments.

If you are able to resolve the artifacting, whether it's the memory or GPU, you have to make a choice of whether you want to live with the lowered settings or contact the manufacturer of the graphics card for an RMA. You can report any findings during the RMA process which might speed up the turn around time for a return card.

Other items which could be causing the issue would be the screen or the cable connection to the screen.

You can try a different cable, or modifying the image controls for the screen (if available [sometimes the voltages are incorrectly set in an LCD panel and certain patterns on the screen may appear to flicker]).

Solution
Oct 3, 2018

Reducing the gpu clock speed did the trick for me. Thanks for your help!