Blue screen and random black screen help.

Ringiku

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015
I had built myself a PC about 5 years ago and it had gotten to the point to where I needed to upgrade the CPU which meant I needed a new motherboard and new ram. My old system had:
A88X G1 SNIPER Motherboard
32gb DDR3
AMD A10 w/ stock cooler

I upgraded to:
ASUS Prime X-370 Pro Motherboard
16gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3000ghz
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X w/ CM Hyper 212 LED

What has maintained in the system is:
Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Windforce 4gb
Windows 10 Pro
1tb Seagate HDD 5200RPM (Has OS)
1tb WD Blue HDD 7200RPM
4 case fans at 120mm
650W EVGA Bronze
Fractal Design Define 5 Case.

The issue that I have been having and have done everything that I have the skill to do in my limited research, is that it will randomly black screen without any beeps or I will get the blue screen of death with the :-( and
stop code: SYSTEM.SERVICE_EXCEPTION
What failed: asmtxhci.sys

Please help.

Ringiku

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015
I have not done a clean install. I don't have the means to back up my information right now so I'd like to avoid doing do if I can. It will run just fine for 1-3 hours before anything happen.

Try reseating everything (i.e. RAM and GPU) by pulling it out and putting it back in. Check that all cables are fully home (again, pull them out and put them back, double checking everything). If that fails, try checking your RAM with Memtest86 https://www.memtest86.com/ , BSODs are more often than not RAM related.

Ringiku

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015

I guess I have my plans got tomorrow. Thanks

Ringiku

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015
I cannot do a fresh install of Win 10 Pro since I lost the USB and everyone else I know has Win 10 Home. I have restated everything before to the point where I removed my CPU cooler and added better thermal paste just in case the random black screen was a over heating issue