Question Blue Screen Error with jmccgp.sys Driver

May 27, 2022
Hi,

I have been getting blue screen errors while using my PC when I used the verifier tool it pointed to the jmccgp.sys driver.
I also ran Windows memory diagnostics, System file checker (SFC /scannow), (both reported no issues).
Apparently this issue can be related to the BIOS of the machine but I checked and I have the latest version installed. (My motherboard for reference is a ASUS Z390-A and the bios version is 2004). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the verifier minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApzHPTCoa9yNg8Uc-t1q3yGl-ZP_iA

I found that this is the driver is responsible for the usb composite device, I was looking into doing an uninstall and reinstall of the driver to see if that would solve the issue but am unsure if that would prevent me from using my keyboard and mouse.

Hi,

I have been getting blue screen errors while using my PC when I used the verifier tool it pointed to the jmccgp.sys driver.
I also ran Windows memory diagnostics, System file checker (SFC /scannow), (both reported no issues).
Apparently this issue can be related to the BIOS of the machine but I checked and I have the latest version installed. (My motherboard for reference is a ASUS Z390-A and the bios version is 2004). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the verifier minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApzHPTCoa9yNg8Uc-t1q3yGl-ZP_iA

I found that this is the driver is responsible for the usb composite device, I was looking into doing an uninstall and reinstall of the driver to see if that would solve the issue but am unsure if that would prevent me from using my keyboard and mouse.

the driver in the memory dump is very old (2009)
if you know what the device is you might be able to download the last version of the driver: Download-JMicron-Leading the Storage Revolution!
this could be a early usb 3.0 device and you might need a firmware upgrade. (this device could mess up other usb devices detected via plug and play) even the version from aug 2010 would be better.

you can continue testing with verifier to look for other problems by having it exclude the jmicron device.
you would add /driver.exclude jmccgp.sys on your verifier command line and reboot.
verifier | Microsoft Docs

if you don't use the device you can remove the file filter
by starting cmd.exe as an admin.
run
fltmc.exe filter
this should show the list
fltmc.exe /?
to show help. I think you detach the one you want to remove.

you could also download microsoft autoruns, find the menu option to hide the microsoft entries, then find the driver and delete it or uncheck the box so it does not load.

you should also remove
cfosspeed6.sys also

Last edited: