• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Blue Screen Hell

Hottzz4258

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
My husbands $25 refurbished Dell Dimension 2400 Windows XP, after running Sysytem Restore, a blue screen pop up stated his Primary Drive was gone, is there anything we can download to a flash drive to fix this temporary? I'm ordering him a another pc

sincreator

Distinguished

When he first turns on his computer, it should say hit a certain key for setup(bios). Once into the bios, he will have to look for the boot order of his hard drives. It will most likely be under the advanced settings. Then "if" the drive shows up there he has to make sure it is the first boot device.

PS: This will all happen before windows even boots.

sincreator

Distinguished
Needs a new hard drive if it doesn't work. Sorry, it is a hardware failure, and no software will save it.

The only thing I can suggest is checking the bios to see if the right drive is selected for the main boot device.

Hottzz4258

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015

sincreator

Distinguished

When he first turns on his computer, it should say hit a certain key for setup(bios). Once into the bios, he will have to look for the boot order of his hard drives. It will most likely be under the advanced settings. Then "if" the drive shows up there he has to make sure it is the first boot device.

PS: This will all happen before windows even boots.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS