Question Blue screen of death… Thought I tried everything to fix it… Please help

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
Hey all, as you can see in the title work out the stupid blue screen of death. I don’t know if my PC shut off wrong or powered down improperly, but I’ve tried restarting it from the trouble shoot menu, but it says there was a problem resetting your PC no changes were made. System restore just doesn’t even work for me. Trying to go back to the previous version says we ran into a problem and won’t be able to take you back to the previous version of windows try resetting your PC instead and it told me to troubleshoot and reset this PC, which doesn’t work. Start up repair just puts me back to the exact same screen that I’ve been on the whole time, AK blue screen. Says it couldn’t fix the problem. And lastly, command prompt can’t really do anything for me right now because it says not enough memory resources are available to process this command... my pc has been working fine for the last year and now this happens... ugh! Please help

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
Try a cold boot. unplug your PC, hold down the power button for 10 seconds, wait 10 minutes, plug tour PC back in and push the power button to boot.
BTW, the "not enough memory resources are available to process this command" should not be an issue whenusing the command prompt. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...h-memory-resources-error-cmd-winpe-windows-10
Thanks for the response, but I just tried that and it did not work. (I switched off the psu during the cold reboot, but I don’t think that would’ve affected anything)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
If the memory error appears in the recovery environment, it can often be simply because it can't find the relevant resources in order to execute the command - which may be from a corrupt OS.
What cmds are you running?

Have you tried DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Assuming the initial problem isn't hardware based, a clean install should solve the problem.
If it is hardware, entering a recovery disk like Hiren's or Medicat could help identify what may be causing the issue, or simply testing different components.

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
If the memory error appears in the recovery environment, it can often be simply because it can't find the relevant resources in order to execute the command - which may be from a corrupt OS.

Assuming the initial problem isn't hardware based, a clean install should solve the problem.
If it is hardware, entering a recovery disk like Hiren's or Medicat could help identify what may be causing the issue, or simply testing different components.
I tried the command and it says error : 59
The DISM log file can be found at X: \windows\logs\DISM\dism.log

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017

I just tried that command and it says DISM does not support servicing windows PE with the \Online option. The DISM log file can be found at X:\windows\logs\DISM\dism.log

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I just tried that command and it says DISM does not support servicing windows PE with the \Online option. The DISM log file can be found at X:\windows\logs\DISM\dism.log
Ah probably because it's in a recovery environment that doesn't have DISM installed and the online command needs OS to be running.

if you have a mounted ISO of Windows, you should be able to use Dism /Image:C:\offline /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows which should use the mounted image to repair the ISO. Again, a clean install would likely solve the problem if it isn't hardware based.

Safe mode is Windows with just enough drivers to make it work. The fact you can boot into safemode is a good indication it is a driver issue. Right click on the windows and chose search, then type in cmd, when the cmd app comes up, right click on it and chose open as Administrator. This will open a command prompt window; type chkdsk /r and enter and see if it completes.

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017