[SOLVED] blue screen of death after installing new ram

tokiyow

Prominent
Jan 20, 2019
Hi guys!

A month ago I build a new gaming pc and with that I ordered 16gb 3200mhz ram with it. I needed extra ram to do editing work so a few weeks ago I ordered the SAME 16gb 3200mhz (same serial) ram sticks to make it 32gb.

After installing the additional 16gb I started to get blue screens and unstable windows. I ran the Memtest and it gave me 10 errors. I then pulled out the new 16gb and left the old ones in and did the Memtest again. This time NO ERRORS! so I thought the new pair of 16gb sticks were faulty and I send them back.

Now I got my second pair of 16gb ram extra today and after installing them I did the Memtest again and what do you know! 22 ERRORS and later on Blue screen while using windows.

My XMP profile is on and nothing is overclocked.

I would really appreciate the help or tips!\

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 C16 - Black x2

SKzSqLe.png

rkhB0B9.png

Solution
First clear your CMOS. Then try again. Next step would be to increase the memory voltage up to 1.35V, which is what a lot of the overclocked memory runs at successfully, and may well fix your issue. If not, you could also loosen the timings. Then memtest them at that voltage and newer looser timings as necessary. You need to reach zero errors for 2-3 full runs at a minimum.

And most importantly understand that memory is sold in kits of 2 or 4 sticks for a reason, so they can be tested at the factory to be in working order as a set. If all of the above doesn't work, then the answer is to buy a set of 4.

RealBeast

Titan
First clear your CMOS. Then try again. Next step would be to increase the memory voltage up to 1.35V, which is what a lot of the overclocked memory runs at successfully, and may well fix your issue. If not, you could also loosen the timings. Then memtest them at that voltage and newer looser timings as necessary. You need to reach zero errors for 2-3 full runs at a minimum.

And most importantly understand that memory is sold in kits of 2 or 4 sticks for a reason, so they can be tested at the factory to be in working order as a set. If all of the above doesn't work, then the answer is to buy a set of 4.

Reactions: tokiyow
Solution

tokiyow

Prominent
Jan 20, 2019

It's already on 1.35v! I will try a CMOS clear! Thank you