[SOLVED] Blue screen of death driver irql_not_less or_equal ( PLEASE HELP)

MousTea

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
Hey, People

I'm having an issue okay, so here's the story:

I came on my pc for the first time in 2 days, i saw that there was a new geforce experience driver so i downloaded it. After that i went to go play my favorite game CS:GO, i was able to play one full competitive match and one other competitive match but in the other competitive match i had a bsod saying: driver irql_not_less or_equal. I dont know how to get the dump file and put it in here.
Can you guys tell me where i can find the dump file and how to put it in the forums.
I also have a few questions:
How can i fix this?
Did it harm my system?
Can i play my game now withouth it happening again?
I'm now on my pc writing all of this. It hasn't hapenned since it restarted from bsod
I haven't tried playing games tho.

Thanks, Bert

Solution
Your PC should be okay, IRQ errors are normally drivers so since you know what started it, we can uninstall updated driver and go back to one that did work.

if that is only change you made, you could run ddu and install the driver you had before, if you happen to know what month you installed it anyway. Otherwise run windows update after running ddu - http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

also, Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Your PC should be okay, IRQ errors are normally drivers so since you know what started it, we can uninstall updated driver and go back to one that did work.

if that is only change you made, you could run ddu and install the driver you had before, if you happen to know what month you installed it anyway. Otherwise run windows update after running ddu - http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

also, Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

you may need to play game again to see if BSOD occurs or not.

Solution

kgt1182

Reputable
Jun 8, 2016
Hopefully you wouldnt derank too much, and regain elo soon,

but by any chance revert any factory overclocks, Disable Turbo Boost. New drivers may allow greater utilisation of the GPU, making previous overclocks unstable.