Blue Screen On Startup SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoodedninja22

Reputable
Feb 28, 2015
So I've been using windows 10 for awhile now just fine, but for the past 2 weeks I've been getting this blue screen on startup (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED). I cant even get into the bios because it skips the screen and goes straight to startup. It will reboot, say "Preparing automatic Repair" and then say "Diagnosing your PC". It keeps rebooting and doing this.

Specs:

Intel Core i3-4130
Stock CPU cooler
MSI Z87-G43
Patriot Viper 3 4GB 1600MHz CAS9
WD10EZEX 1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI Radeon R7 260x 2GB GDDR5 OC Version
Antec HGC-620M 620W Power Supply

Solution
The error you’ve cited is a fairly general hardware compatibility error. If you are able to boot to the Chose an operating system screen, you can select Change defaults or chose other options-->Chose other options-->Troubleshoot-->Advanced Options-->Startup Settings-->Restart, and then select option 4 or 5 to boot to Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking. In Safe Mode you can copy the dump files for us to analyze the cause of the crash and verify that all drivers are up-to-date with the latest available drivers from the device manufacturer. You can also verify that you have enough free space and attempt a clean restart.
if you can boot at all, you might go to windows control panel, search for power button
and set the power button to do a shutdown rather that a sleep. On that same page you can turn off fast startup.

I think if you can not get your machine to boot, you can start the boot process kill the power (or hit CPU reset, maybe)
and do that for 3 cycles and I think it will not use faststartup on the next boot. This will give you some more time to hit the run bios key (the key depends on your motherboard, delete key or F2 is common)

hoodedninja22

Reputable
Feb 28, 2015

What would i do in the bios? I found out how to get in it successfully, but I still cant boot.

Sorry, all you can do in the BIOS is reset it to defaults if you were overclocking or tell it to boot off a repair image and do a repair on your system. You can try to get into safe mode F8 or Shift + F8 and see if you can boot.

-if you can boot on another image, you can get copy off the memory dmp and put it on a server and post a link.

quotemsg=15392005,0,1923561]

What would i do in the bios? I found out how to get in it successfully, but I still cant boot.

[/quotemsg]

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
The error you’ve cited is a fairly general hardware compatibility error. If you are able to boot to the Chose an operating system screen, you can select Change defaults or chose other options-->Chose other options-->Troubleshoot-->Advanced Options-->Startup Settings-->Restart, and then select option 4 or 5 to boot to Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking. In Safe Mode you can copy the dump files for us to analyze the cause of the crash and verify that all drivers are up-to-date with the latest available drivers from the device manufacturer. You can also verify that you have enough free space and attempt a clean restart.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.