Question Blue Screen or Freeze After Win 10 Install

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Hey Guys,

Sorry I do not have more information, but let me give you an idea of some of the recent things I have done. I have been having an issue with Windows 10 update 1809. So much so that I decided to completely wipe SSD and reinstall. Now after fresh install. I have random blue screens or freezing if I leave my computer unattended and come back for X amount of time, I usually come back to a blue screen and need to reboot. Could this be a lack of drivers? I am still trying my best to get all my hardware up to date. I did just recently also reapply thermal paste to my CPU. but temps seem good. I also had my 15 4690k overclocked to 4.2 with a voltage of 1.2 . Just incase I toned that back down some and put it at 3.8 with auto voltage again. My haswell should not have issue with that. That is everything I did in recent time that I can think may be contributing to my blue screens? Any thoughts?

Lutfij

Titan
Your voltage for that overclock can take you to higher clocks but you're fine. What are your temps and what is your aftermarket cooler for the processor?

Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Then check back and see what version of BIOS you're currently on and if you have any BIOS updates pending.

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
i5 4690k
Z97 PC Mate
32 GB G Skills RipJaws
Samsung 120 gb SSD for operating system / Western Digital 1tb Storage Drive (Mechanical)
GTX 1080 Nvidia Founders
EVGA 650 GQ PSU
CoolerMaster Pro 5 Negative Pressure setup

My Cpu cooler is the Cryorig H7, Nothing fancy but still is keeping things cool. I can get idle at 27 degrees. Downloading and browsing at 45-55, and complete gaming load at ultra settings no more than 70-72.

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Do you think I didn't get paste applied on full surface area of CPU? I did the bead method and let the heat sink squish it down. Isnt that the best method to avoid cracks in the paste? But again my temps appear to be good

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Doing Nvidia 419.35 install at the moment, Then I will restart and check Bios update. Sounds strange but my computer seems to do it when I leave it unattended? Like not clicking on things or browsing... However I usually leave it downloading something. Could just be coincidental, but so far it seems like if I keep it busy using mouse and keyboard and browsing etc... It doesn't blue screen.