Question BLUE SCREEN PLEASE HELP

Jun 9, 2019
Hello all, PLEASE HELP. Ever since I got my new samsung 860 evo ssd, (replaced from my seagate barracuda 500gb that won't stop crashing in Fortnite and freezing every second) my pc has been getting the blue screen (of death ? ) every hour or so, maybe a few of hours aswell . My Fortnite has also been crashing very VERy frequently. It may be a RAM error? I have this single-channel stick:https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-8gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232722?Item=N82E16820232722&Description=g skill aegis&cm_re=g_skill_aegis--20-232-722--Product . PLEASE HELP, as I also just purchased my GTX 1060 3GB around a month ago. I also received to 860 EVO and a birthday gift. Thanks in advanced.

Jun 9, 2019
Jun 9, 2019
No, absolutely no OC. I installed the operating system with an ISO file and than converted it to regular files with Rufus.
Hello my friend, please see this guide for BSOD posts so that we may help you further: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

Did you clone your operating system when you installed the new SSD?
Are you running any overclock or XMP anywhere at all?
Would a clean install be a guaranteed fix?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
My current specs:

GTX 1060 3GB
i3-8100
Samsung 860 Evo SSD
Arctic Gaming H310M mobo
https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-8gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232722?Item=N82E16820232722&Description=g skill aegis&cm_re=g_skill_aegis--20-232-722--Product (G.skill aegis DDR4 single-stick 2666MHZ no oc)
some random 750 w psu
If possible, we would need the dump files as stated in the guide also.

Unless you can specifically recall exactly what BSOD codes you are getting? (Even then the dump files are more useful).

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
the BSOD codes are NEVER the same. Some include some MEMORY_error, some sort of "unsuccesful" load.
None the less, they are useful as they give us valuable system information and the exact BSOD bug codes.

Has the issue ONLY occured since installing the new SSD?
Do the BSOD occur at random intervals?
Are there any patterns to when the BSOD occurs?
Can you confirm if the issue persists in safe mode?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Would a small memory dumb be OK?
Absolutely fine.

Yes, the BSOD does happen in random times. And before I got the new ssd, I think the BSOD only happened about once every few months.
So we can safely eliminate the SSD for the cause if you have it previously.

if you're stating memory problems, first port of call would be to run a memtest just to check if there is anything obvious with the RAM, even though it could be other causes.

Jun 9, 2019
Absolutely fine.

So we can safely eliminate the SSD for the cause if you have it previously.

if you're stating memory problems, first port of call would be to run a memtest just to check if there is anything obvious with the RAM, even though it could be other causes.
I just got 3 BSOD, the first stopcode was: Driver_IRQL not less equal.
The 2nd one was: memory_management and the 3rd one was page fault in non fault area. In one of them, it mentioned: what failed: storahci.sys

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
You need a USB to run it on:
  1. Download the Windows MemTest86 USB image.
  2. Right click on the downloaded file and select the "Extract to Here" option. This places the USB image and imaging tool into the current folder.
  3. Run the included imageUSB tool, it should already have the image file selected and you just need to choose which connected USB drive to turn into a bootable drive. Note that this will erase all data on the drive.