blue screen: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

bobbothner

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
Hi everyone!

Having trouble with my custom built computer. I built about 1,5 years ago, and was running fine until now.
Now As soon as I startup, just after logging in, i get that blue screen with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCPETION. I'm running windows 7, and have no clue what to do...

Hope you guys can help me!

Thanks!

Solution
Uninstall AVG for now this can cause this stop error. Then use their removal tool

http://www.avg.com/au-en/utilities.

Either uninstall Virtual Clonedrive or update it. Its drivers are known to cause this stop error. And its drivers are old / from 2010

jswpslwfx.sys I dont think this is a windows file, but its old from 2008. I think it belongs to atheros drivers. These should be updated. Or uninstalled / removed

Old drivers can crash a system

See if there are any updates for Logitech SetPoint Unifying whatever it is

SSPORT.sys is from 2005. Something to do with a Samsung printer?? Do you have a Samsung printer?

Fyllehund

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Usually theres an error code provided eg. 0x3b or similar.

Sounds like a software issue of some sort doh, while booting, boot up in safe mode and run some commands to check the disk and OS.

run chkdsk /f /r on your drive
run system file checker
sfc.exe /scannow to fix corrupted OS files

If you cant boot into safemode either you should consider reinstalling your PC.

Uninstall AVG for now this can cause this stop error. Then use their removal tool

http://www.avg.com/au-en/utilities.

Either uninstall Virtual Clonedrive or update it. Its drivers are known to cause this stop error. And its drivers are old / from 2010

jswpslwfx.sys I dont think this is a windows file, but its old from 2008. I think it belongs to atheros drivers. These should be updated. Or uninstalled / removed

Old drivers can crash a system

See if there are any updates for Logitech SetPoint Unifying whatever it is

SSPORT.sys is from 2005. Something to do with a Samsung printer?? Do you have a Samsung printer?

Solution

bobbothner

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
I have a xpress 2825dw printer (bought it last year).
Nothing of the above worked, so I tried something different, which seems to work for now: I used a restore point to before I updated AVG to AVG 2015 and it seems to be working right now.

We'll see how it develops, Worst case I'll create a new thread.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Fyllehund

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

AVG has been the cause to alot of problems for people before, i suggest you use the AVG removal tool and swap to "Microsoft Security Essentials" Free and better then AVG.

Codi Bezouka-Smith

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014

Thank you for this. I got back 'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired
them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios.' when doing this so it must of fixed something. Now just to see if I ever still get this blue screen error.

Best regards,
Codi