[SOLVED] Blue Screen

Sep 18, 2019
Hello,

so I've recently completed my second build but I soon ran into some issues as the PC gives me the "Blue Screen" while running.

I've updated all the drivers in the "device manager", searched for newer drivers online and even re-installed Windows 10 (64bit), but it keeps happening. It usually crashes during gaming.

The most recent crash occured again during gaming (after it ran fine for 3 days) and set the pc into a reboot loop with varrying stop codes:
  • KMODE EXEPTION NOT HANDLED
  • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • 0x000021a
  • MEMORY_MANAGMENT
  • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
  • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXEPTION
After going through multiple reboot cycles the monitor even failed to register either HDMI or DP input from either the graphic card or the mainboard. By resetting CMOS I was able to boot the PC once and it ran for ≈15min before freezing and now I'm back to no HDMI input detected.

My system components:
  • Mainboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wifi)
  • Intel i-9 9900K
  • 64GB DDR4 Ram
  • Nvidea Geforce 2080 TI
  • Im running the OS (Win 10 64bit) on an WD M.2 SSD
Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Last edited:
Solution
Motherboard makers really shouldn't give you CD anymore, most of the time by time you buy motherboard the drivers are old anyway.

I would visit the asus website for motherboard, I would have linked it but oddly its not showing any of the support pages for me tonight. The LAN & Wifi drivers might be newer. Its hard to say on an Asus motherboard, they rather slack when it comes to supporting their boards (I have one)

You could use https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant
Sep 18, 2019
Thank you for your reply. What bothers me is that my monitor was not registering any video input -> Screen remained black.
I took the mainboard out of the case, and removed 3 of 4 DIMM as well as the GPU, which strangely seemed to do the trick in terms of video input and successful booting.

I'll run the Windows 10 Memory Diagnostic Tool next... (on the 16GB installed first and then I'll keep adding).

Should the memory be fine, how will I detect the faulty drivers? (this is only my second build and the first one ran fine without any such issues).

Colif

Win 11 Master
in case its not ram,
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

What PSU do you have?

Sep 18, 2019
Ok, so I've dabbled with the memory a bit... All of the DIMM are new Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR 2666, however, one of them seems to be faulty, as adding it will always result in the aforementioned black screen and the inability to boot.

I'm running the Windows 10 Memory Diagnostic Tool on the remaining three right now, but I don't think it'll find anything (it ran just fine when I tested a single DIMM), so I guess I'll return the faulty one.

I'll have a look at the Small Memory Dump once it's done. Will the file be of any use to you without another BSOD? Because I haven't encountered one during my dabbling with the memory.

As a PSU I'm using a Corsair HX850.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019
Ok, so as expected the memory test on the three remaining DIMM didn't find anything.

Regarding the Small Memory Dump file, it appears that, fortunately, it automatically created a Memory Dump file. I find three files in the directory, all relating to crash this morning, that triggered the boot loop.
I've uploaded them as a zip.

OneDrive-2019-10-06.zip

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/CefR.html
File information:100619-15265-01.dmp (Oct 6 2019 - 05:23:18)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: csrss.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 13 Sec(s)

File information:100619-14078-01.dmp (Oct 6 2019 - 05:07:26)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: WerFault.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)

File information:100619-13921-01.dmp (Oct 6 2019 - 05:10:07)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 05 Sec(s)
BIOS info was not included in the 1st dump file. This can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS is being used.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what BIOS version are you on? Newer bios could help with the ram problem.

Latest Nvidia drivers could be to blame for the Kmode Exception not handled

Not sure about the System Service exception

The System Thread Exception not handled could be caused by LAN drivers, I just can't tell if you use Wifi or LAN. LAN drivers are older.

I have seen the Daemon tools create BSOD

Sep 18, 2019
I'm using BIOS version 1302, which appears to be the latest version available from the ASUS website.

Yes, somehow the LAN drivers won't install when using the driver CD, that came with the Mainboard, but I'm using Wifi anyway.

If had the BSOD since before installing Deamon tools, but I can uninstall it, I'm not using it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Motherboard makers really shouldn't give you CD anymore, most of the time by time you buy motherboard the drivers are old anyway.

I would visit the asus website for motherboard, I would have linked it but oddly its not showing any of the support pages for me tonight. The LAN & Wifi drivers might be newer. Its hard to say on an Asus motherboard, they rather slack when it comes to supporting their boards (I have one)

You could use https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant

Solution