Blue screening frequently.

Tomthetechy

Honorable
May 30, 2012
Hello, I am having some trouble with my pc recently. I bought Deus Ex: Human revolution for my pc. I was playing through the first chapter fine. The intro, first mission at Sarif HQ Etc.. But when I reach "Sarif Under Siege" the second mission. I blue screen five minutes into playing.

This has persisted for DEHR and its getting really annoying. The error I'm getting is 0x124 on the blue screen. Reading the forums I checked up this problem and saw I should run a Prime95 test. Halfway through that test (at test 5) I blue screened again, with the same error, 0X124.

These are getting increasing frequent on the games I'm playing and its really getting annoying. But i have narrowed the problem down to either my ASUSTeK M4A87TD/USB3 or my AMD Phenom II X6 1100T. Any help would be appreciated

what where your temps in prime95..if your pc been working fine and now is glitching i would look at your cpu fan and see that it moving air and not dust bound. if the cpu temps are hot the cooler may have come lose or the thermal paste dried out. i would also check to see if there are any bios updates.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
possible steps to test out where the hardware problem is:
-unplug any usb components that arent required, external hard drives and the like
-update your motherboard bios/firmware to the most recent version
-if you have a ssd, update its firmware to the most recent version
-take out all your ram except one stick
-try a different set of ram

do each of these one at a time and see if the bluescreens stop

Tomthetechy

Honorable
May 30, 2012

they hit 72.0 C