Blue screening help

Squarecoffee

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
A few months ago my laptop ( Sony vaio ) 2 years old began blue screening , so yesterday I reinstalled windows 7. And now when I startup it blue screens then restarts . I have disabled the automatic restart and the error is below.

I would like to fix it because I need it for college in a few weeks .

Thanks
Joe

Technical information :
Stop 0x00000050 (0xFFFFF880114912FA,0x0000000000000008,0xFFFFF880114912FA,0x0000000000000002)

Solution
Sounds like a hardware fault, most common causes of BSOD with what you described is either RAM or the HDD (HDD is the most likely cause). You will need to burn memtest86 to a cd and run it from boot. You have to test sticks individually so if you have more than 1 you will need to remove any others. If it passes on all sticks then if possible remove the HDD and install into another machine. Test the drive with HDTune, Crystaldisk or other software of your choosing. If you are unable to remove the drive and test in another machine you will need to boot with your windows CD and enter the recovery console and run: chkdsk /f to fix errors.

zink1701

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Sounds like a hardware fault, most common causes of BSOD with what you described is either RAM or the HDD (HDD is the most likely cause). You will need to burn memtest86 to a cd and run it from boot. You have to test sticks individually so if you have more than 1 you will need to remove any others. If it passes on all sticks then if possible remove the HDD and install into another machine. Test the drive with HDTune, Crystaldisk or other software of your choosing. If you are unable to remove the drive and test in another machine you will need to boot with your windows CD and enter the recovery console and run: chkdsk /f to fix errors.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS