Question Blue screen'ing PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 14, 2022
Hello, so i have an issue with my PC, its constantly crashing on high load mostly gaming, benchmarking or stress testing won't do anything. memory is replaced so i think it's not the issue.
I tried lost of things, reinstalling drivers, reset OS, recheck all power cables, reapplied CPU thermal paste, monitor thermals and GPU thermals are nors 72C max at full load, CPU gets 82C max at full load.

Full PC specs
——————————————————————

CPU: i5-12600KF
GPU: INNO3D GTX 1660Ti
RAM: Kingston fury beast black 4x4 3200Mhz
Mother board: AsRock Z690 PRO RS
PSU: Cooler Master 600 v2
1x nvme m.2 128gb
1x sata SSD 480gb
1x sata HDD 1TB
CPU COOLER: cooler master Hyper 212 RGB black edition

Nov 14, 2022
i went from buying a case that came with any old PSU to almost making PSU 1st thing I chose in this PC. I have had one go bang, it took my gpu and windows with it. Better to have a good one than for the cheap one to kill parts and cost you more in the long run.
sounds like big fun 💀
also if it would be a psu issue, wouldn't my whole pc just shut down completely?
because mostly its bsod or just the thing in photos that i took.
and i was monitoring my temps, power and usage through HWMonitor and it seems all fine even when the crashes happen

Colif

Win 11 Master
didn't you say it crashes under high loads? that would be when PSU is under most stress. Does PC restart or just crash to desktop? Or WHEA errors.

HWMonitor isn't accurate really, its just reporting what motherboard tells you.

only 3 tests for PSU
  1. just checks it works
  2. best way but most people don't have a multimeter
  3. Only checks values in bios, when its not under stress
PSU
the paper clip method - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-is-the-paperclip-method-of-testing-a-psu.1336402/
or multimeter https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158
or in the BIOS to check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V. - https://www.lifewire.com/power-supply-voltage-tolerances-2624583

try taking the overclock off.

CPU passes Intel test
RAM hasn't been tested but is only new. Ram errors tend to cause freezes
should test it to be sure
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

GPU - Well, it has lovely effects in games/desktop so could be it. Only real tests for GPU is run benchmarks like Heaven on it, and see if it crashes.
Storage - boot drive seems okay, did you test the other 2 as if any games on them, they could be cause.

Last thing left is PSU. a non spec 5+ year old PSU.
or Motherboard but there are no tests for motherboards. You test everything else and use a process of elimination. If everything else is fine, it should mean its Motherboard.

I don't like shoulds and would probably get a repair store to give you a 2nd opinion.

Last edited: