[SOLVED] Blue Tooth Receiver

James Fullard

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2014
I hope this is the correct forum for this question.

First off I live in an apartment (with a neighbor on one side). At night I like to shower/jump in the bed and watch a movie or series but I am forced to use a USB headset (with an extension to reach my bed) so I don't wake the neighbors. The wire is just annoying and such and I have a nice set of bluetooth earbuds and what I play movies on in the bedroom is an older Alienware laptop (like 6-7 year old Alienware laptop). Last year I bought a bluetooth receiver thingy, it plugged in as a USB plug but I could never get it to work. I'll admit it was a cheaper one, but I figure I did not need an expensive one just to reach the bed for my earbuds.
Anyways ....
What I want to do is turn this older laptop that does not have bluetooth capability into one that I can use my earbuds with to watch movies and not wake the neighbor up. What would you recommend? Would love to get some links dropped to what I would need to order to do this. I simply want to plug something in to my older laptop then turn my bluetooth earbuds on and sync them with my laptop. I always come here because I always get a straight answer from these forums so thanks in advance for any help you might offer.

Solution
i would be very surprised if a 7 year old Alienware didn't have onboard Bluetooth.
must be a very low end model if not.
re-check manufacturer product page for technical specifications to ensure it does not.
if so, you may need to enable the option in Windows or in the BIOS.

what have you done in regards to installing the Bluetooth USB dongle?
installed manufacturer software/drivers,
checked Device Manager to see if it's listed, etc...

are you sure there is no Bluetooth icon showing in the notification area on the right of the Taskbar?
it may need to be expanded to be seen.
i would be very surprised if a 7 year old Alienware didn't have onboard Bluetooth.
must be a very low end model if not.
re-check manufacturer product page for technical specifications to ensure it does not.
if so, you may need to enable the option in Windows or in the BIOS.

what have you done in regards to installing the Bluetooth USB dongle?
installed manufacturer software/drivers,
checked Device Manager to see if it's listed, etc...

are you sure there is no Bluetooth icon showing in the notification area on the right of the Taskbar?
it may need to be expanded to be seen.

Solution
Mar 14, 2022
This Bluetooth receiver is equipped with Qualcomm's CSR chipset to provide clear, distortion-less audio from up to 10 metres away.

Bluetooth technology is very helpful for people because it's doesn't required any wire connection with source equipment. Bluetooth uses a radio technology called frequency-hopping spread spectrum.