BlueScreen - AC Oddysey

turbo88

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
So I've played AC OD for roughly 50 hours, when i decided to reinstall my windows (will comment on the reason why). The thing is after reinstalling I load the game's menu sometimes even play for a few seconds and i get a windows blue screen with a stop code: whea uncrrectable error and reboots.
bluescreenview shows hal.dll, notskrnl.exe and pshed.dll as culprits.
I can use the pc normally, even play other games just fine (I haven't ran a stress test though).
now for the reasoning behind my reinstallation (btw I'm by no means an expert on pc) a few months ago i noticed that on boot and a few minutes more my cpu fan (at least i believe so) was really loud, and later on my HDD started to disconect randomly (i boot with a small SSD) so I decided to wipe window's and clean the dust of the pc (im saying this, to pin point that however unlikely, hardware mishandling might have happened). After reinstalling the noise is still loud and i cannot play AC.
I'm trying to upload my minidump but its all encripted...

i did a clean reinstall of an stable gtx 1060 driver (the one i used before) ' 399.07-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql-rp '
although mem test showed no errors, i will now try using 1 ram stick
and replug everything looking for bad connections.
sorry for the typos, my english is getting rustier and rustier.
---------------------------------
system info: https://ufile.io/r6bbm ---oh well
gpu: nvidia gtx 1060 6gb
cpu: fx 8320
mobo: ga ud3 970 ver3
ram: 2 4g sticks

---------
update:
so I've replugged the rig and swap ram sticks, still the same. thhe blue screen didnt show up under a complete passmark test.
my bios version is the latest stable (non beta) one, that is FC.

any aideas are welcome, thanks in advance, in the meantime ill try checkin yet again for bad sectors on my HDD and installing AC on my SSD (C:)

i did have some... kinda lower resutls on the test mark i guess. particularly on the 2d mark (494.4) even though 3d mark was okish (7200) and memory mark (1062.7). oh during the test cpu's temp stayed under 62°C(144 F) (i cant really trust HWmon here...), gpu at 70°C(158F) with a 60% fanload

btw heres the minidump https://ufile.io/djeqr
---
update2:
did a SFC /scannow , another S.M.A.R.T. check, an occt test for the psu (although i dont know how to read it). oh and an error check for the hdd, came out ok.
--
update: so i disabled various drivers by doing the command prompt verifier, after rebooting i got an instant blue screen (first time) it said srttrail.txt error.
after restoring from a restore point i find new windows updates ready to download....

turbo88

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
After doing all the above, and finishing windows update, i rebooted and found more updates, after those reboot and have been playing correctly for 30m. im ready to call it a day.
Although no one answered the thread, i hope somebody finds my descriptions useful, since this forum certainly helped through this.
Regards TH forums