BlueScreen caused by atikmdag.sys on Windows 7 with AMD RADEON HD 7700

Arc01

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
Pconsoles - your solution worked! Thanks! My issue was that during the driver install is when the atikmdag.sys was BSoDing me...
Oddly enough, it says my driver is showing AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series... but I have AMD Radeon HD 6550M... What's up with that?

Zeeshan Sheikh

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
Assalam-O-Alaikum.bro i am read your problem and i have the same problem but i cant fix it i do everything clean pc update driver downgrade my grapic driver or chacking hardware and read lot of blog and watch also tomhardware .but nothing my problem is still i see bluescreen

Caused by.atikmdag.sys and you got bluescreen

ok now i am tell you perfect way to fix.this not joke its easy its voltage problem and sometime your motherboard cant arjust voltage just go to your official motherboard website and download Old and new BIOS.....

Just try to update your BIOS and downgrade your motherboard BIOS.if you dont know how to update bios just search on youtube you will find.If this work give me rating peace.:)

IF YOU HAVE OLD BIOS THAN UPGRADE.) AND IF YOU HAVE NEW BIOS THAN DOWNGRADE :)....

PEACE

FakePenguin717

Reputable
May 22, 2014

I am concerned about this issue as well. I have a Lenovo y460p that I recently switched to a solid state drive copying the old drive block for block. Since making the change my fan seems to really crank up when performing nearly any task from simple, to advanced.

Looking through my computer for a possible simple fix, I noticed that my graphics driver was displaying as AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series while the computer came equipped with an AMD Radeon HD 6550M. The reason it concerns me so much is, I have recently noticed a quality drop in video playback, game play, and even text appearance on several displays.

I know for a fact that before having the computer repaired by Lenovo, around 1.5 years ago (MOBO/RAM/etc... replacement), the driver was displayed as AMD Radeon HD 6550. I have not done much to research the issue as of yet because now there are several concerns raised, did Lenovo swap out my graphics card for a lesser model, is the fan ramping problem related to this in any way, and does it have anything to do with switching to an SSD?

ancalimon

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
I was getting this error once everyday since 3 months ago especially on first power up. Two days ago my psu blew up on power up. I got myself an over the top psu (Seasonic Platinum 860w) and no more errors.

The previous psu was a Xilence 800w psu and it worked perfectly for more than 3 years.

So if you are getting this error, I suggest that you check your psu's voltages while under a certain load and if necessary, get yourself a better quality psu.

Hakan Inanc

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014

Hi everyone. I cant see this solution on link. I think link is broken. What is the solution? Can you explain me? And I have 6500 series, but my driver is showing 5000 series too.

jaohjor

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
Download the 13.9 driver from here then use AMD Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of your current driver, CCC etc. Reboot and install the 13.9 driver. NOTE: When installing choose 'Advanced' or 'Custom' (whichever option is available, just not Express) and uncheck everything except the video driver.

(original: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336910-bso...)

WORKED FOR ME !!!

fir3w0rx

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
A common cause of a BSoD is an overheating CPU. Check it's temperature when using hardware acceleration, Catalyst Control Center/AMD Settings, converting files, or anything else that could possibly cause your CPU to work harder. Anything above 80 degrees celsius (176 F) is too hot.

If it IS getting too hot, check that your thermal paste hasn't dried up. If the paste is ok but your CPU is still overheating, then you'll have to get a better cooler.

1880IT

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

Did this fix your issue? I am experiencing the same problem.

TRENDING THREADS