Question Bluescreen in windows startup

Chugi

Reputable
Apr 17, 2016
Story time:
So ive wanted to get a small pc upgrade of my ram. I checked my old ram stats wich was 2× ddr3 4gb1333mhz ram. After i plugged it back to its slot, my pc started to be very slow.
The startup took a while and everything was slow, wich i thought is kinda fine since im gonna get a new ram anyway. So i ordered 2x ddr3 8gb 1866mhz cl10 ram (i realized after i ordered that my mainboard can only run 1600mhz) that arrived tomorrow. I took precautions like grounding and plugging of the pc, and installed the new rams. After i installed it i started my pc, it started normally but when the windows loading screen hits, it appears without the logo for like 20-30mins. When the logo appears, my rgb mouse & keyboard stopped to glow and its loading like another 20 mins and it crashes and restarts the pc. The loading screen isnt really freezing since i can see the windows logo animation slightly moving. After some googling i tried starting in safety mode and it happens the same as before. I realized it has a small glimpse of bluescreen and it says (booted without automaticly restart when it crashes, so i could see whats happening)
I tried to use the old ram and it happens the same. Tried to disconnet everything except monitor, mouse and keyboard just in case, but still doesnt work. Bios said the rams are plugged in, new rams are working on my brothers pc. Tried to search for the xmp profile stuff but appearantly im blind or my bios doesnt have it. And after hours of trial and error i finaly givin up and start asking here for help.

Specs:
Motherboard: Asrock h81 pro btc
Cpu: Intel i7-4790k
Old rams: ddr3 2x 4gb 1600mhz
New rams: hyperX fury series ddr3 2x 8gb 1866mhz cl10
Graphics card: sapphire amd radeon hd 7950

That should be everything i know or tested, if you need furthermore info, ill gladly give it

When installing the new RAM, did you make any changes to the BIOS settings or reset the BIOS (clear CMOS)?

Since you cannot boot into Windows, you will need a Windows recovery media or Windows installation media in order to use the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE). If you can open up WinRE, try the following:

1. Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Start-up Repair

2. Open up WinRE again and click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt

3. Run the command:

bcdedit

The drive letter of the system volume is the value associated with the key osdevice (e.g. partition=C: ).

4. Run the command:

chkdsk /r C:

Replace C: with the drive letter found in step 3.

There is a possibility that the drive containing the OS could be faulty. I recommend checking the drive's health to be certain. One way of doing this is connecting the drive to your brother's PC and using the utility CrystalDiskInfo:

https://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/crystaldiskinfo_portable

Chugi

Reputable
Apr 17, 2016
Tl;dr it works again on todays 10th try
Update:
1: so i did the cmos reset and everything was the same
2: i plugged the hdd from my brother in my pc and my pc crashes after the windows loading screen
3: i plugged my hdd into my brothers pc and it crashes after windoes loading screen
4: put hdd's back to the right pc's, brothers pc still works, mine not.
5: checked if some cables are faulty, or not correctly plugged in, happend to find the sata cable connected to my hdd was slightly lookin "broked". I lend the sata cable from my brother and the windows loading screen boots up faster. Like 2 secs without logo, 5min with logo and suddenly everything crashes, this time without the small glimpse of bluescreen and pc restarts itself
6: restarted again, but without automatic restart, and the same bluescreen appears
7: tried booting with safety mode, after the windows load it crashes and restarts
8: just out of curiosity i happend to have the same graphics card near me, i exchanged the graphic cards and tried to turn on the pc, nothing changed
9: i booted up this time trying to use windows recovery. After i tried to to open winrre in the startoptions (screen where i used to switch to safety mode) it took like 40-50 mins till i arrived there. I picked the language and continued to use the command prompt and wrote every command in order and got this
10: after shutting pc down i realized i did in the wrong order. (forgot the very first step) so i started again took another 50mins and started the start up repair. After another 1hour 20 mins of searching it finally was able to restart, so it restarted. It didnt crash this time after the loading screen from windows, and apparantly my keyboard and mouse are halfways working. I knew that since i had costumized the rgb light and it should turn on once i should be on my windows home screen. However my screen is black. Not black like being off black, black but bein on (idk how to put this). After i plugged my displayport out and in it happens, the holy light of my monitor is calling me. Out of being safe i restarted my pc and it worked again.

So i kinda feeling dumb since it was kinda simple solution and i did pretty much alot to revive this.
Im just gonna go wondering when my pc, is gonna get a new problem.

And thanks for lolnole for hinting on this repair stuff

So i wrote alot so i dont really wanna discard it so ill leave that here

Last edited: