[SOLVED] Bluescreen over a year please help me

Mar 9, 2022
MSI GF65 Bluescreen and random restart problem over a year (long thread)

Hello,

I bought this laptop(GF65-10SDR) in 2020 fall in USA however since I bought the pc, I have random bluescreen problem. I went to an internship in Germany, problem was still occuring, therefore I sent this laptop to the service in Istanbul, Turkey because I am Turkish. They changed my motherboard, and sent my laptop back, this process lasted around two months. After I got my laptop, same night, I got bluescreen again. I needed to go Korea at that time, so I thought maybe MSI Korea can fix this problem.

I gave this pc to MSI Korea this february, it stayed there for 3-5 days, they did tests, reinstalled windows and gave it back, same day I got another bluescreen. People buy laptops to get a stable machine, I have been trying to fix this bluescreen problem for more than a year now, I am starting to think that my model or my product is factory defect.

I tried everything, reinstall Windows, clean install Windows, install Windows from USB, rollback drivers, download drivers through Windows Update, through MSI website, install dragon center, dont install dragon center, nothing changes. My hardware does not have any problem, MSI Korea and Turkey checked it and did tests, they said everything was good. I am sure bluescreens doesnt happen because of temperature, because it's really random, it happens while gaming and also idle while temperature is low.

My bluescreens keep happening because of ntoskrnl.exe. and gives different bluescreen error codes every time. I created an ticket in the MSI website asking for help, I am talking with them as well. I asked them to contact MSI Korea. I dont know what to do anymore...

I builded my own desktop pc, I used 2 different Lenovo laptops and one HP laptop, i have never seen something like this before. To be honest, I am very dissapointed, this was my first MSI product and I really faced problems every day, wasted my time and energy to fix this problem which is probably not fixeble probably. What should I do ? Please help me or guide me guys...

Solution
You have two different RAM modules installed in the laptop? One (Samsung) is running at 3200 the other (Hikvision?) running at 2666. Did you add one of them to the system later or the laptop came like this? Mixing RAM is always a gamble.

Also do you have any security / Anti-Virus program/software on the system by any chance? Not more than one, right?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Mar 9, 2022
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmquiiezfid8i5j/Minidumps.zip?dl=0
Here you go, i hope this works

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/7chjy0bm/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:031022-26015-01.dmp (Mar 9 2022 - 10:48:52)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: WerFault.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 14 Hour(s), 28 Min(s), and 56 Sec(s)

File information:030922-10187-01.dmp (Mar 8 2022 - 19:03:43)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: wermgr.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 12 Hour(s), 43 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)

File information:030822-26140-01.dmp (Mar 8 2022 - 05:21:18)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 19 Hour(s), 25 Min(s), and 59 Sec(s)
Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed. This is common in laptops.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GF65-Thin-10SDR/Specification

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you use WIFI or Ethernet cable?

Ethernet is old
May 26 2020rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver https://www.realtek.com/en/

download Win10 Auto Installation Program (NDIS) from under windows header here - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

Wifi is intel, judging by age of Bluetooth drivers you may have newest already. Can try running https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

try updating razer synapse, I assume its for the keyboard?

try updating Nvidia drivers, they from 2020.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
You have two different RAM modules installed in the laptop? One (Samsung) is running at 3200 the other (Hikvision?) running at 2666. Did you add one of them to the system later or the laptop came like this? Mixing RAM is always a gamble.

Also do you have any security / Anti-Virus program/software on the system by any chance? Not more than one, right?

Solution