Bluetooth adapter not working after case switch - help with connector please!

Rev Cynner

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
I've scoured the forms here and elsewhere, as well as googling every possible combination of terms I could think of.

Long story short (because my original post got eaten), switched a pre-fab system (Asus Essentio - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-essentio-desktop-12gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive-black/5818001.p?id=1219159703994&skuid=5818001&sellerId=) to a new case and power supply. I unplugged my PCI-E NIC card (wireless and bluetooth) when I took it off the card to transfer the motherboard and now I don't know where it was plugged in.

According to Windows 8.1 Device Manager it's a Realtek 8821AE PCI-E NIC card utilizing an Asus AW-CB161H chip (which from online searching is really from Azurewave). There is a 4 pin connector on the card that appears to be labeled J1. I need to know where I need to plug this in on the motherboard. The board is an Asus M5A97 Evo 2, but doesn't look like any of the photos online when I search for that board or the schematics in the manual I downloaded from Asus for it. I'm very frustrated and just want the bluetooth to work again so I can use the very nice bluetooth keyboard I bought and was using with it before the switch.

Thanks in advance.

Here's a pic of the card: https://www.dropbox.com/s/szgtj3ls3q3jdyu/IMAG0456_1.jpg?dl=0

festerovic

Distinguished
Download CPU-z and run the program. Go to the Mainboard tab and it will tell you the actual model and revision of your motherboard.

Also, that card should just plug in to a PCI-e x1 slot, and nothing should need to plug into the 4 pin connector. It's probably for diagnostics. Only other guess I would have is a floppy power connection, BUT DO NOT TRY THAT UNLESS YOU KNOW 100%.

Rev Cynner

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
According to CPU-Z it's an AsusTek M51BC Rev 1.xx, but that only comes up as a system on their website, so no help there. I tried reseating the card to see if that resolved it - no dice. I still have wireless, just no bluetooth. When I show hidden devices in Device Manager it says the hardware is not connected to the computer, code 45. Hence why I think that pin connector should plug into something. It's just odd that it worked before the switch and now it doesn't. Nothing else changed. I'm going to see if Asus tech support can help, though I'm not too optimistic since I voided the warranty...