Bluetooth and wireless bridged...

I have two laptops - one with a 3com wireless card running winxp connected
to a 3com wireless ap/router (two wired desktops on that network), also with
a msi bluetooth adapter.

I can browse the net and my network files fine with this laptop. Everything
works the way it should. I've gotten used to configuring that part and have
set up similar networks for friends and family. In others words, I'm not
computer stupid. :)

My other lappy (running win2000) has a msi bt adapter. I set up the bt
adapters to form a network connection between the two lappies - I can browse
files fine, no problems. That bit works. I used to use two bt adapters to
connect my desktop and laptop together and share the desktop's net
connection before I had the wireless ap/router - it worked fine, so I'm
figuring now I can chain the second lappy in there two via two bt adapters -
one on the first lappy and one on the second.

Now here's the bit I'm not sure on -- if I click the "ICS sharing" button on
the wireless connections properties then try to bridge that connection to
the bt connection, I get told that I must pick two connections to be bridged
that don't have ICS running on them. So I unclick ICS. Then if I try to
bridge my wireless connection on the first lappy to the bt connection (which
it will then let me do) in order to share the net connection, file sharing
still works (can see both laptops files from both laptops) but connection to
the net via the wireless ap stops working for the first laptop and of
course, the second laptop gets no net access either. As soon as I unbridge
the connections I can browse the net from the first laptop again. Is this a
firewall issue ? A lack of ICS issue ? I have no firewalls running except
the hardware one built into the router - could this be an issue ? I'm in the
dark here !

With me so far ?

How do I set up the second laptop to access the net through the first
laptop's wireless connection via bluetooth with or without ICS ? I've tried
going through the settings as best I know manually and using the network
setup wizard too but no joy. Can it be done ?

TIA for any pointers.

Rachael

Alright - just slap me seriously in the head. Reading through my post again
step by step to make sure it made sense it suddenly dawned on me - why am I
bridging the two connections ? I don't have to do that now (I am used to
having to bridge the former bt connection on my desktop and my wired
ethernet connections in order to get ICS to work with the *old* setup - but
I don't have to do that now.)

Unbridged the connections, used ICS on the wireless connection and
(bypassing the unnecessary bridging step that had lodged in my brain as
being a must), now I can browse the net on the second lappy (via a network
access bt connection) with the bt adapters.

Sigh - every day I realise I am not immune to not seeing the wood for the
trees. :)

Rachael