[SOLVED] Bluetooth devices interfering with bluetooth speaker

sheldorbaz1nga

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Hi!

I enjoy a wireless setup and have currently connected the following bluetooth devices;
  • Logitech K380 keyboard
  • Logitech M535 mouse
  • Xbox controller (though only when playing games, obviously)
They are all connected via this USB dongle >> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-B...ntree+DG40S&qid=1577915977&s=computers&sr=1-4

I also have some bluetooth headphones, but unfortunately the audio playback is choppy as hell, to the point that it's unlistenable (<-- not a word, apparently)

I have since found that the interference is being caused by the mouse and/or keyboard, because when I disconnect them the audio playback is perfect.

Is this a case of "either use they keyboard+mouse OR the speakers"? Or could a different type of dongle help, do you think?

Hoping someone could shed some light on this 1st world problem ;)

Solution
Hello

It is probably unlikely that two Bluetooth devices cause interference and cross-connection with each other.

Can you please check if the keyboard that you're using also supports connectivity through a Unifyied Adapter or any other USB dongle that uses 2.4GHz frequency? If so, that could be the culprit.

However, before going too hard with the devices, please try updating the Bluetooth and Wireless drivers. If they are already updated, please try rolling them back to an earlier built and see if sound quality improves and the audio stays stable.

You can learn more about these devices and how they work on this thread.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!
Hello

It is probably unlikely that two Bluetooth devices cause interference and cross-connection with each other.

Can you please check if the keyboard that you're using also supports connectivity through a Unifyied Adapter or any other USB dongle that uses 2.4GHz frequency? If so, that could be the culprit.

However, before going too hard with the devices, please try updating the Bluetooth and Wireless drivers. If they are already updated, please try rolling them back to an earlier built and see if sound quality improves and the audio stays stable.

You can learn more about these devices and how they work on this thread.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Solution