[SOLVED] Bluetooth dongle as audio receiver?

VickyTech

Reputable
Oct 2, 2019
I have an audio amplifier which supports USB and FM mode but it lacks Bluetooth. So I plugged a Bluetooth dongle in the USB port and tried to stream music from my mobile to amplifier. The dongle is not shown under Bluetooth devices in my mobile and i can't connect to it. I'm so confused. Someone help me !
{The dongle works in my set top box and is recognized in my laptop}

USB Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter Transmitter Bluetooth Receiver Audio Bluetooth Dongle Wireless USB Adapter for Computer PC Laptop :
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/kSWBZXFK

Solution
By your way of thinking does the USB port on the amp support a KB, Mouse or camera? If the drivers aren't installed on an OS on the amp then there is no way this will work, I expect it just has storage ability (music files from a usb key but again the formats allowed will be in the manual)

Lutfij

Titan
Are you working with the dongle on your laptop? You only mentioned a USB port, that can be pretty much anything in the world. If a desktop or a laptop, you're probably going to need drivers for it or make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for said platform.

That being said, what is the make and model of your amplifier?

VickyTech

Reputable
Oct 2, 2019
Are you working with the dongle on your laptop? You only mentioned a USB port, that can be pretty much anything in the world. If a desktop or a laptop, you're probably going to need drivers for it or make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for said platform.

That being said, what is the make and model of your amplifier?
I was saying that it works in my laptop just to confirm the working of the dongle.
The problem is I plugged the dongle in my amplifier's USB port and tried to connect to that from my mobile. But it isn't showing in the Bluetooth device list.

The amplifier is not a branded one. It is a local made amplifier.

By your way of thinking does the USB port on the amp support a KB, Mouse or camera? If the drivers aren't installed on an OS on the amp then there is no way this will work, I expect it just has storage ability (music files from a usb key but again the formats allowed will be in the manual)

Reactions: Pcgolfer07
Solution

VickyTech

Reputable
Oct 2, 2019
The USB port in amplifier doesn't support anything except storage devices such as Pendrives. I thought Bluetooth dongles can work as Bluetooth receivers. But I think Bluetooth audio receivers are different from Bluetooth dongles.

The USB port in amplifier doesn't support anything except storage devices such as Pendrives. I thought Bluetooth dongles can work as Bluetooth receivers. But I think Bluetooth audio receivers are different from Bluetooth dongles.

Your issue with this is not how the bluetooth devices work but the thinking that it will work on the receiver just because it has a USB port. It's like saying "well my car gas tank takes liquid gas, milk is also liquid and fits through that hole in the gas tank so I can run my car on milk". A "dongle" is nothing more than a generic term for something that attaches to another thing. Bluetooth dongle, WiFi dongle, etc... It does not really say what the device is. A bluetooth dongle can very well be a receiver. Or a transmitter, or both, depends on what it is.

What you need is a bluetooth to audio cable adapter and plug that into the aux input or optical input on the stereo system (assuming you have those), like this device https://www.monoprice.com/product?p...X7M0FK_4baWxu7Q-fjnTz8zIe3FqFBfxoCYNwQAvD_BwE

Reactions: VickyTech