[SOLVED] Bluetooth dongle/driver issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastaklis

Honorable
Jul 17, 2016
My normal USB headphones finally gave out after 10 years and the only speakers I own have a very distracting and headache inducing pulsing. I've already ordered a new headset, but with everything going on the estimated shipping date is over a month away.
So, I decided that I'd use this old Bluetooth dongle (Insignia NS-PCY5BMA2) that I used to use for connecting PS3 controllers to my PC (which always worked fine with SCPToolkit) with my Bluetooth earbuds. I have a completely different Window's installation now, so there are no residual drivers/files from SCPToolkit interfering.

The first few tries plugging it in gave me a "USB not recognized error". Eventually it shows up in "Other Devices" in device manager as "BCM20702A0" and is unable to update drivers. I downloaded the most recent Bluetooth driver from Intel, followed their troubleshooting guide that tells you to uninstall 2 updates (if you have them) as well as your Bluetooth driver, restart, reinstall driver, restart, reinstall updates. Still only shows up as "BCM20702A0" under "Other Devices". Insignia doesn't seem to offer any drivers on their website, and in fact in their device manual the only option they give is a "Plug and play"method letting Windows install the necessary drivers for you.

I'm at a loss for what to do here. Any help/troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Solution

Bastaklis

Honorable
Jul 17, 2016
According to the official "User Guide" here:

https://files.bbystatic.com/GyeBA5+ZIlZAFWBh9GW9Vw==/NS-PCY5BMA_-C_NS-PCY5BMA2_-C_19-0355_WEB_V5_EN_Final_lr.pdf

On Page 3, for System Requirements it says:

"Operating system: 32/64 bit Microsoft® Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 8"

"Note: Not compatible with Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or OSX
"

No doubt because Windows 7 and earlier cannot supply the required driver.

That's really strange... I used it on Windows 7 previously with SCPToolkit for PS3 controllers all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.