Bluetooth-Enabled Stickers Helps Find Lost Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I can see someone slapping one of these on their dogs collar once they laminate it or something to make it waterproof.

Depending on the range and cheapness I can see myself buying a few just for laughs and hiding them inside my friends airsoft guns/gear when we go airsofting on a friends very large property (were talking several acres in the middle of nowhere) so I can get a proximetry alert to how close their are. Cheating FTW, just wonder how long it take before they catch on.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]milkywayer[/nom]also, $35 for two stickers is a lot. i'd consider buying this if it was like $10 for two.[/citation]
Yeah, $35 to put a sticker on something that costs $20?

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
I'm actually going to be purchasing this because I have a lot of computer equipment that has grown legs in the past.. This sort of thing can easily be hidden in a case, under psu - you name it.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]Two words "Car keys"[/citation]

Well, it would only be good if they came in keychain form.
I expect a bluetooth device to be fairly fat especially with a watch battery inside it.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
OH MY GOD. I ALWAYS WANTED something like this. I hate loosing my phone, keys, favorite pen, usb cables, etc etc.

It would make life so much easier.

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
[citation][nom]assasin32[/nom]Depending on the range and cheapness I can see myself buying a few just for laughs and hiding them inside my friends airsoft guns/gear when we go airsofting on a friends very large property (were talking several acres in the middle of nowhere) so I can get a proximetry alert to how close their are. Cheating FTW, just wonder how long it take before they catch on.[/citation]

And then you can truly live up to your Toms hardware screen name ;). Would be funny to see this. :)

G

Are they safe - sure if you have to pair them with your device first perhaps. They would only be locatable up to about 30' It's bluetooth, not wireless or 3g or something. Good idea yes, hard to market for more than 10.00 each - very. Would I buy, not yet.

[citation][nom]Cryio[/nom]OH MY GOD. I ALWAYS WANTED something like this. I hate loosing my phone, keys, favorite pen, usb cables, etc etc.It would make life so much easier.[/citation]
you would need your phone in order to find it...

Status
Not open for further replies.