Question "Bluetooth hardware must be switched on to run this setup package" error message!

May 29, 2020
This is driving me absolutely bunkers! I am trying to install a Bluetooth driver straight from my laptop's drivers webpage but every time i try to install it, i get this message.
But the Bluetooth is on...both physically (on the keyboard button) and through the laptops software like you can see here.
Whats going on?
__

I am trying to connect my Bluetooth earphones but it's just not happening. I can pair it no problem but i can't listen to anything.

Like you can see here, my laptop can find the device. It finds the drivers for it. It successfully adds the device. I can see it in the devices and printers...although right clicking it doesn't show me "services" anymore wherein i could click the "listen to music" in this box in this example.

I don't see it after i uninstalled the Bluetooth driver from this list. So now i see this. I uninstalled it because i figured maybe doing so will allow me to install the driver without the error message in the title above. I was wrong.

However, even then, when i clicked "listen to music", it installed the drivers, showed me the green ticks to let me know the drivers successfully installed...but nothing happened. Like you can see here. It says it is disconnected. Trying to connect (by right clicking and hitting "connect") did nothing.

This is how device manager looks like.

Looks like you are using an older version of Windows, is this the Windows that came with the laptop or did you change it? Drivers you are trying to install are for the right OS? Can you test things with other bluetooth devices, mouse, keyboard, another headset, etc...

jay747

Prominent
Nov 15, 2018
In Device Manager > View is "Show hidden devices" checked?

OK. Just did that. It wasn't selected. This is what i see now.

Looks like you are using an older version of Windows, is this the Windows that came with the laptop or did you change it? Drivers you are trying to install are for the right OS? Can you test things with other bluetooth devices, mouse, keyboard, another headset, etc...

Yes, it's the Windows that came with the laptop, and the drivers are for the right OS. They are from my laptop's online manual. Just tried to connect a Bluetooth mouse but my laptop is not finding it when i search. The earphones however it, it finds.

TRENDING THREADS