Status
Not open for further replies.

Orinay

Reputable
Aug 16, 2020
cpu: amd ryzen 5 3600
cpu cooler: cooler master hyper 212
mobo: msi b450 tomahawk max
ram: corsair vengeance lpx 16 gb (2x 8gb)
storage: crucial mx500
psu: evga 600 watt bronze 80+ non-modular
wifi card: GC-WBAX210

I have tried removing the device under airplane mode, i've removed it from the register, i've removed every trace of it from device manager, and i've used BTpair to unpair all devices and yet it's still there and unable to connect. I've reset after everything i've tried and i just cannot think of what to do, i recently replaced my wifi card to what you see above. The headphones are bluetooth 5.0 and the wifi card has bluetooth 5.2, so the version is not the issue.

Orinay

Reputable
Aug 16, 2020
still where?
where are you looking at connected devices?

do these headphones still connect and properly disconnect from other devices; cellphones, TVs, etc?

have you tried uninstalling the WiFi/Bluetooth card and reinstalling to determine if it may be the cause of the problem?
It's still appearing in windows settings. No they do not because they are only able to be paired to one device at a time. I've connected, disconnected, and unpaired some bluetooth earbuds i have just fine with this card in order to check that.

No they do not because they are only able to be paired to one device at a time.
i've never seen a device with this type of restriction.

do you get some type of error you can post when attempting to connect to another host, some manufacturer warning, or you just believe this to be true?
I've connected, disconnected, and unpaired some bluetooth
so no, you haven't tried uninstalling the add-on card to determine if it may be the source of the problem?

Orinay

Reputable
Aug 16, 2020
i've never seen a device with this type of restriction.

do you get some type of error you can post when attempting to connect to another host, some manufacturer warning, or you just believe this to be true?

so no, you haven't tried uninstalling the add-on card to determine if it may be the source of the problem?
In the past i've attempted connecting it to both my phone and pc but wouldn't be discoverable on another device once it was paired, it's supposed to be able to pair with multiple but never was able to. And no i have not removed the card.

Ralston18

Titan
I will add the suggestion that a closer look be taken at the BlueTooth devices and their respective MACs.

Reference:

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/find-bluetooth-mac-address-windows-10/

You can also use Powershell to obtain a list using the following cmdlet:

"Get-ChildItem -Path HKLM:\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\DeviceAssociationService\State\Store\ | Select-String -Pattern Bluetooth"

Source:

https://www.codegrepper.com/code-examples/shell/powershell+scan+for+bluetooth+devices

From my computer:

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Try the new cross-platform PowerShell https://aka.ms/pscore6

PS C:\Users\XXXX> Get-ChildItem -Path HKLM:\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\DeviceAssociationService\State\Store\ | Select-String -Pattern Bluetooth

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\DeviceAssociationService\State\Store\Bluetooth#Bluetooth74:40:bb:d5:2d
:be-00:25:db:8e:d6:64
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\DeviceAssociationService\State\Store\Bluetooth#Bluetooth74:40:bb:d5:2d
:be-b4:9c:df:6e:05:d4
:be-b4:9c:df:70:18:4f
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\DeviceAssociationService\State\Store\BluetoothLE#BluetoothLE74:40:bb:d
5:2d:be-68:f6:9c:22:66:b7
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\DeviceAssociationService\State\Store\BluetoothLE#BluetoothLE74:40:bb:d
5:2d:be-86:2a:fd:9b:f9:c3
5:2d:be-ce:55:41:d9:43:5a

= = = =

Do a screen capture of Devices and Printers per the following link:

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/find-bluetooth-mac-address-windows-10/

Then start mapping MACs to devices.....

Status
Not open for further replies.