Question Bluetooth keyboard with transmitter on top so it works when on my knees

halfitzsimons

Honorable
Nov 21, 2017
Hi, I've had a Logitech bluetooth keyboard for over ten years now and I use it with my television as the monitor. The thing sits in my lap and I find regularly that I'm typing stuff in that isn't appearing on the screen because my leg is blocking the transmitter. I can't be the only person who has had this problem but my googling has failed dismally. Is there a keyboard out there with a transmitter that will solve my problem please?

Ralston18

Titan
There are legally established limits on the allowed transmission power.

Which model Logitech keyboard?

= = = =

First, the communication path:

Keyboard ~~ wireless ~~> Bluetooth dongle [Computer USB Port] Host Computer [Video port] ---- Video cable ---> TV
Correct?

= = = =

That said there may be other reasons for the loss or delayed typing.

Ensure that the keyboard has fresh batteries. Run down batteries will cause the same problem.

Where is the Bluetooth dongle installed?

Likely a back panel USB port on the host computer. Could be in front as well....

Does the dongle get warm or even hot while in use?

Try using a USB extension cable to move the dongle up and away from the host computer.

I.e.:

Keyboard ~~ wireless ~~> Bluetooth dongle <----USB extension cable -----> [Computer USB Port] Host Computer [Video port] ---- Video cable ---> TV

Up and away will keep the dongle cooler and overall help with transmission requirements.