Question Bluetooth mouse goes to sleep when idle

angelvalentinov123

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
So i got a new bluetooth mouse and when beeing idle for couple of seconds it goes to sleep and it is woken up by just moving but it is giving me a hard time in games ,lets say in cs2 when i am holding a position for a couple of seconds and i try to move with the mouse it has a 1 sec latency and the cursor transfers straight to where it would be it has a lag. Any solutions for this?

angelvalentinov123

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
which mouse?
tell windows to not let bluetooth sleep
install 3rd party mouse software from the manufacturer
update firmware of mouse
Genesis Zircon 500
I am using it with 2.4G wireless connection so the bluetooth doesn't show up in device manager and I dont even have bluetooth on my pc
I don't see any kind of options for that on the mouse app

Ralston18

Titan
@angelvalentinov123

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

Per @helpstar 's post you should be able to prevent the mouse from going to sleep. A few seconds should not even be configurable with respect to elasped time before going to sleep.

= = = =

Bluetooth uses 2.4 GHz.

This mouse?

https://genesis-zone.com/product/zircon-500-black

And you have the mouse's small USB dongle plugged into one of the computer's USB ports?

Try using other USB ports and also try using a USB extension cable to raise the dongle up and away from the host computer.

In Device Manager > View ensure that "Show hidden devices" is checked. Does Bluetooth appear?

Do you see the mouse listed anywhere? E.g. " > Mice and other pointing devices"? Click to open a list of devices.

If the mouse is listed, select and click to view the Properties. Check all of the tabs - especially Events and Power Management.

Take a look in Reliability History/Monitor. There may be some error codes, warnings, or informational events being captured just before or at the time the mouse appears to go to sleep and/or wakes up.

this mouse has 3 connection modes, 2.4GHz per USB radio receiver, Bluetooth and USB wired

I doubt that the enregy saving hybernate after some seconds of the mouse can be altered, if no firmware update is available.
latest mouse driver installed? 1.1.4

if this won't work, get a new mouse