Question Bluetooth not working after PSU replacement - can't find devices. Help?!

Sep 10, 2023
I replaced my PSU in my 7 year-old HP (Envy 750se) yesterday and everything seems to be working except Bluetooth. When I try to add a new device, it doesn't discover either the Logitech mouse or XBOX controller that both paired and worked find yesterday. (The upgrade wasn't due to a power surge or failure... I have just been getting a lot of hard crashes in certain games and thought maybe it's a power issue).

I have done every troubleshooting thing recommended: updating drivers, installing windows updates, restarting service in services.msc etc. No change. Any thoughts at all?

I replaced my PSU in my 7 year-old HP (Envy 750se) yesterday and everything seems to be working except Bluetooth. When I try to add a new device, it doesn't discover either the Logitech mouse or XBOX controller that both paired and worked find yesterday. (The upgrade wasn't due to a power surge or failure... I have just been getting a lot of hard crashes in certain games and thought maybe it's a power issue).

I have done every troubleshooting thing recommended: updating drivers, installing windows updates, restarting service in services.msc etc. No change. Any thoughts at all?
If bt is an internal device is it enabled in the bios?

Sep 10, 2023
I'm not finding a bluetooth related setting anywhere in BIOS, although to be fair what I get on this machine doesn't look anything like BIOS I'm used to from back in the day. No setting got changed anywhere between "works fine" and "crapped the bed" - I only swapped out the power supply.

Sep 10, 2023
This works! This is not the first time something like this happened to me. I couldn't figure it out and my brand new wireless headphones were useless for the longest time. Suddenly my PC detected bluetooth again and all was good. Just a bit ago, I went away from my computer for maybe 30 minutes and bluetooth disappeared again. Like yourself, all the "solutions" did nothing. Quick search on Reddit and found this and it worked instantly. Thank you so much! What a weird
What ... works?

TRENDING THREADS