[SOLVED] Bluetooth speaker & subwoofer without a transmitter?

WilliamDk

Prominent
Mar 16, 2019
Hello,
I've got a bluetooth speaker with 2 XLR channels and 1 XLR output. If i buy a non-bluetooth subwoofer, with XLR connections, will i be able to connect my bluetooth speaker to the subwoofer, using xlr cables, and play music through them both using just the bluetooth speaker without any bluetooth transmitter or something like that?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for bad english.
William

Solution
So the speaker would only output its own frequency range? If the speaker ranges from 44hz to 20khz something, it wont pass 25-30hz sounds through the XLR to the sub?Correct me if im wrong. Also how would i know, the sub is configured for full frequency output?
You want the sub configured for full frequency INPUT. The bluetooth speaker is going to output all frequencies. You want the LOW PASS filter enabled on the sub.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,
I've got a bluetooth speaker with 2 XLR channels and 1 XLR output. If i buy a non-bluetooth subwoofer, with XLR connections, will i be able to connect my bluetooth speaker to the subwoofer, using xlr cables, and play music through them both using just the bluetooth speaker without any bluetooth transmitter or something like that?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for bad english.
William
The xlr cable would provide the input to the POWERED sub. If you want wireless connectivity to the combo, you would still need a bluetooth transmitting device. Could be a cell phone or laptop.

WilliamDk

Prominent
Mar 16, 2019
It’s a cerwin vega, i’ve tried XLR to 3.5mm jack on my desktop wired speakers, and it seems like the speaker passes through bluetooth?
I guess it will work on the sub aswell.
Thanks for your responses and time!

kanewolf

Titan
It’s a cerwin vega, i’ve tried XLR to 3.5mm jack on my desktop wired speakers, and it seems like the speaker passes through bluetooth?
The XLR out probably does not have a low pass filter, meaning it outputs the full frequency range. Make sure the sub is configured for full frequency input.

You are not thinking about the connection correctly, no bluetooth signal is going to the sub. The speakers play the audio and the sub plays the lower frequency from the speakers. There is no second signal going to the sub from the wireless input.

WilliamDk

Prominent
Mar 16, 2019
I know the bluetooth signal is not going to the sub, but only to the bluetooth speaker. But when the speaker plays, doesn't it output through XLR into the sub, making it play lower frequencies?

WilliamDk

Prominent
Mar 16, 2019
The XLR out probably does not have a low pass filter, meaning it outputs the full frequency range. Make sure the sub is configured for full frequency input.
So the speaker would only output its own frequency range? If the speaker ranges from 44hz to 20khz something, it wont pass 25-30hz sounds through the XLR to the sub?Correct me if im wrong. Also how would i know, the sub is configured for full frequency output?

kanewolf

Titan
You want the sub configured for full frequency INPUT. The bluetooth speaker is going to output all frequencies. You want the LOW PASS filter enabled on the sub.

Solution

WilliamDk

Prominent
Mar 16, 2019
Hello,
Of course, input not output sorry.
I don’t think i quite know what that is, and how to do it. Is there any way i can check if the sub is configured for full frequency input?
How do i check if the low pass filter is enabled?
Thank you very much for your response.

WilliamDk

Prominent
Mar 16, 2019
I couldn't find any "low pass filter" in the user manual, but it says "Built-in active stereo crossover provides high-pass filtered outputs for full-range loudspeakers". Is this what i am looking for?